Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income through affiliate links at no extra cost to you.
A super easy and tasty take on classic Chiles Rellenos! A gluten-free, baked, cheese-filled egg dish with deliciously spicy roasted New Mexican Hatch green chiles.
I recently shared this incredible easy and delicious dish on my Instagram Stories feed, and as a result I received numerous requests for the recipe! Well, here it is . . .
Chiles Rellenos is one of my favorite ways to enjoy Hatch green chiles; but sometimes I need a quicker and easier way to do so without sacrificing flavor. This is it! And it's quite darn tasty.
Using simple, wholesome real food ingredients & only one pan, you can have a deliciously spicy and healthy Mexican inspired dish on the table in only about 30 minutes!
This Gluten-Free Hatch Chile Rellenos is:
Fun and easy to make.
Packed with flavor.
Adjustably spicy (dependent upon the chiles you choose to use)!
Freezes and re-heats well, making it great as leftovers or for meal planning.
Gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free, sugar-free.
What to Serve with Gluten-Free Chile Rellenos
Baked Gluten-Free Hatch Chiles Rellenos
- 8 roasted Hatch green chiles peeled
- 8 oz monterey jack cheese cut into rectangular chunks + 1/2 cup shredded for topping
- 3/4 cup milk dairy or non-dairy of choice
- 1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour chickpea flour
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a cast iron skillet or oven proof pan; set aside.
- Carefully cut a slit in one side of each roasted and peeled green chile.
- Stuff each chile with chunks of cheese. Wrap chile seams back together.
- Place each stuffed chile seam side down in greased pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine milk, flour, eggs, baking powder and spices.
- Whisk until frothy.
- Pour batter over your stuffed chiles.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Place into your preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until puffed & golden.