A simple and delicious goji berry smoothie bowl packed with the amazing flavor and nutritional benefits of goji berries. Naturally vegan and gluten-free.
❤️ Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Goji berries are packed with a unique and delicious flavor.
- Goji berries have wonderful nutritional benefits.
- This healthy smoothie bowl makes a great breakfast, snack, or healthy treat any time of day.
- You can make this recipe your own by adding any variety of toppings you prefer.
- This goji berry smoothie bowl is naturally vegan, plant-based, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free and soy-free.
🍒 Viva Naturals Goji Berries
Viva Naturals Organic Goji Berries are a superfood powerhouse known for their exceptional health benefits and rich nutritional profile. These small, red berries are packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that support overall well-being. They are sourced from a pristine region of the Himalayas, ensuring the highest quality and purity.
Viva Naturals Goji Berries are handpicked and shade-dried to preserve their natural goodness and offer a delightful balance of sweetness and tartness. Whether enjoyed as a snack, added to smoothies, or sprinkled over salads, these nutrient-dense berries are a tasty way to boost your immune system, enhance energy levels, and get much-needed iron and fiber, to just name a few.
🧊 Ingredient Notes
Goji berries: Goji berries add the most amazingly delicious flavor, as well as nutrients to this unique smoothie bowl. Soaking them ensures that they blend into a smooth and creamy base. Save some for garnishing, too!
Bananas: Frozen bananas add bulk and creaminess to this smoothie bowl, without adding a strong banana flavor. Use super ripe bananas for additional natural sweetness. Goji berry flavor still reigns supreme!
Milk: I love to use creamy oat milk, but any conventional dairy milk or plant-based milk will work. Use what you like most!
Ice: Ice adds a wonderful frostiness to this smoothie bowl, as well as a neutral flavor base that allows the goji berries to shine.
🌀 How to Make a Goji Berry Smoothie Bowl
- Soak the goji berries in hot water to soften them for blending purposes.
- Drain the water from the goji berries.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender (or food processor) and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl, then add your choice of toppings before digging in.
🥥 Topping Ideas
- Fresh or frozen fruit, like sliced strawberries, raspberries, mango, or sliced ripe bananas.
- Goji berries (of course!).
- A drizzle of honey, maple syrup, or agave syrup.
- Seeds like hemp seeds, chia seeds, or pumpkin seeds.
- Shredded coconut.
- Cacao nibs, or a dusting of cacao powder.
- A drizzle of seed or nut butter.
- Granola or muesli.
- Nuts like Brazil nuts, cashews, and almonds.
- Lemon or lime zest.
- Chopped dates or other dried fruit.
- A drizzle of coconut yogurt.
🥣 More Delicious Smoothie Bowls
🥤 Delicious Smoothies
Goji Berry Smoothie Bowl
- ⅓ cup goji berries
- hot water
- 2 frozen bananas
- ½ cup milk of choice I like to use oat milk
- ½ cup ice
- In a small bowl, add the goji berries and then cover them with hot water. Allow them to soak for 10 minutes or until softened enough to blend.
- Drain the water from the softened goji berries.
- Add the goji berries, bananas, milk and ice to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl then add the toppings of your choice.