An easy, healthy, delicious and fun way to eat hash browns and eggs for breakfast! These gluten-free Hash Brown Egg Nests are perfect for an Easter brunch or any occasion!
My 15 month old absolutely LOVES these, as do I.
Combining an egg & hash brown breakfast into one yummy compact form turns out beautifully! They certainly find themselves on regular breakfast rotation in our household.
Whether you are looking for something new for yourself, or a fun breakfast project for the little ones, you will find that these are not only fun & easy to make...but oh so tasty & filling (and sure doesn't make a shabby Easter dish either)!
More Gluten-Free Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Gluten-Free Breakfast Strata with Cheese, Spinach and Bell Peppers
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest's "tried it" feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I'll share it! Thank you so much! <3
Hash Brown Egg Nests
- 4 cups fresh or frozen hash browns thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese +1 tbs for egg mix
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp grapeseed or olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbs milk I used almond milk of choice (I use almond)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs shredded parmesan cheese for topping
- 1 tsp dried cilantro for topping
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Grease a muffin tin, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your fresh or thawed hash browns, cheese, garlic, spices & oil.
- Press your hash brown mixture evenly into your muffin tin, forming a ‘nest’ in each cup. Bake for 20 minutes, or until beginning to brown. Remove from oven, set aside & set oven temperature to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, baking powder and your 1 tbs of parmesan cheese. Beat together well. Pour your egg mixture into each of your pre-baked hash brown nests. Sprinkle with dried cilantro. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until eggs are firm, puffed and beginning to turn golden.
- Let cool for a few minutes before gently lifting out of your muffin tin to serve.
Leave a Reply