Last Updated on
Super nutritious and delicious Chocolate Chip Quinoa and Steel Cut Oat Granola Bars! These make a perfect gluten-free and vegan snack!
This past week has found me having more difficulty than usual keeping up on the postings! Apologies.
My 15 month old is seemingly sprouting all of his remaining teeth all at the same time. Which finds him screaming his head off when I walk away to do, well, anything. Ha! (poor bugger) But alas, I bring you these delicious, chewy & protein packed granola bars!
These are super easy to make, store well, and you’ll find them the perfect accompaniment to keeping blood sugar levels up when on the go…
These Steel Cut Oats and Quinoa Granola Bars are
Hearty and filling.
Super chewy with a nice bite.
Rich in fiber, protein and healthy fats.
Easy to make.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, soy-free, refined sugar-free.
Tips for making Chocolate Chip Steel Cut Oat Quinoa Granola Bars
The seeds and nuts can be replaced with all seeds, other nuts etc. to accompany a nut-free diet or different tastes.
If you do not have/do not want to use crystallized ginger, omit or replace with 1 tsp ground ginger.
These bars store well covered in airtight containers at room temperature or the fridge for up to one week.
More Gluten-Free Bar Recipes You Might Enjoy
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest’s “tried it” feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I’ll share it! Thank you so much! <3
- 1 cup gluten free steel cut oats
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup cashews, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raw honey, or maple syrup for vegan option
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup crystallized ginger, chopped (I like to use honey crystallized)
- 3 tbs chocolate chips, for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange oats, quinoa, seeds, and cashews on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Toast in a 350°F oven for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add honey (or maple syrup), coconut sugar, salt & vanilla extract. Stir until all is melted & evenly combined. Turn off heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your toasted oats, quinoa, seeds, & cashews, as well as your shredded coconut & crystallized ginger.
- Pour your honey, sugar, salt & vanilla mixture into your dry ingredients, mix until evenly combined.
- In a parchment paper lined pan (I used an 8″ round cake pan, square would work fabulously too), spread your granola bar mixture with a spatula evenly. Press down slightly. Top with chocolate chips if so desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a 350°F oven.
- Remove and let cool completely before slicing & serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Please refer to the Tips section above in post for more information.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 449mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 4gSugar: 26gProtein: 6g