These easy and delicious no- bake Dandelion Bars are made with cacao powder, coconut flour, beet powder and fresh foraged dandelions for a fun and healthy springtime treat! Gluten-free, vegan, raw, + refined sugar-free.
I was recently gifted with Sari Food’s amazing Beet Powder, so I set off to have some fun! This beautiful powder is made from whole organic beets, maintaining their amazing health properties while creating a fun, bright and vibrant powder perfect for coloring creations and/or adding a nutritional boost!
📖 Dandelion Bars Features
- Super quick and easy to make.
- No-bake, no-cook - simply blend, pour and freeze to set!
- Filled with nutrient-dense high-protein, high-fiber ingredients.
- Vibrant and beautiful.
- Great for a first time foraging project!
- Filled the detoxing and purifying properties of dandelions and beets.
- Deliciously fudgy and chocolate-y.
- A wonderful healthy treat to have on hand (they keep well in the freezer for up to one month)!
- Gluten-free, vegan, soy-free, refined sugar-free, raw.
Envision this: a nutty, seedy chocolate crust with a fluffy and creamy coconut flour beet filling! These vegan freezer bars have got it all and then some!
💭 Tips for making Chocolate Beet Dandelion Bars:
- Learn more about health benefits + foraging for and preparing dandelions HERE.
- Uncomfortable with foraging for dandelions? You can omit or simply dump the contents of one dandelion root tea bag instead.
- On a sugar-free diet? Replace the maple syrup with this sugar-free sweetener instead.
- On a nut-free diet? Replace the walnuts with more seeds.
- If you do not like or have access to golden raisins, you can replace them with any dried fruit of your choice.
- Due to the unique nature of coconut flour, I do not recommend replacing it with anything else.
- These bars taste great straight out of the freezer! Store in airtight containers in the freezer for up to one month.
🍰 More Healthy Treat Recipes You Might Enjoy
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest's "tried it" feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I'll share it! Thank you so much! <3
No Bake Dandelion Beet Chocolate Bars (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
Beet Dandelion Filling
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup raw seeds unsalted of choice, I like to use a sunflower/pumpkin blend
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 whole freshly foraged dandelions How do I forage dandelions?
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup or any liquid sweetener of choice
- 1/4 cup beet powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor add all chocolate base ingredients. Blend until mostly smooth.
- Press chocolate base into your prepared baking pan until you have an even layer. Place into the freezer while you complete the next step.
- To your high-speed food processor or blender add beet filling ingredients and blend until fluffy and smooth.
- Remove pan from freezer and spread beet filling until the chocolate base is evenly covered.
- Place into the freezer for at least 3 hours before slicing and serving. Keep stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to one month.