Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income through affiliate links at no extra cost to you.
These gluten-free and vegan No Bake Super Seed Cinnamon Maca Energy Bars are filled with energy boosting and hormone balancing properties; as well as being high in protein, iron, calcium, B vitamins, selenium, folate, fiber, omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E. They make for one flavorful and nourishing healthy treat that is easy to make, too!
I am positively in love with the flavors and properties of maca root (Lepidium meyenii) . . .
Maca is a cruciferous vegetable (and adaptogen!) native to the Andes Mountains whose roots when dried and pulverized can provide the following benefits when ingested:
- mood boosting
- energy boosting
- fertility boosting
- hormone balancing (particularly for those that deal with estrogen-dominance)
- libido boosting
- fine tunes memory and focus
- provides a good source of vitamin C & iron
Throw in some raisins, oats, sunflower & pumpkin seeds and cinnamon and you have yourself one nutrient-dense little bar full of delicious flavors and textures that makes a great breakfast, snack or healthy treat!
You Might Also Like
Maca Energy Bars
- 1 cup rolled oats GF if necessary
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon raw maca powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine all of the above ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender. Blend until evenly coarse.
- Using your hands shape into 10 little square bars.
- Keep in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat.