These banana sweetened coconut flour cookies with 100% chocolate chips, make for one healthy no sugar added baked treat without any of the guilt! Gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, low-carb + keto diet friendly.
In an effort to cut down on consuming sugar (even if it’s unrefined 99% of the time!), I took to experimenting with fruit-sweetened baked goods. This result is a beautifully textured, delicious, and ridiculously healthy coconut flour cookie that makes a perfect complement to 100% chocolate chips (or any chocolate of your choice!).
These Healthy Banana Sweetened Chocolate Chip Coconut Flour Cookies are:
Both soft and dense with a delightfully pillowy melt-in-your-mouth texture.
Made with nutritious low-carb, high-protein, high-fiber coconut flour (read more about it’s health benefits: HERE).
Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free (apart from natural fruit sugars!), Soy-Free, Nut-Free and Dairy-Free.
Quick and easy to make!
Tips for making Gluten-Free Coconut Flour Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Due to the unique nature of coconut flour, I do not recommend substituting it with anything else.
Don’t want to use bananas? You can substitute the banana with 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey, 1/4 cup applesauce or yogurt, or for a completely sugar-free diabetic and KETO friendly treat, use a sugar-free sweetener such as this one AND omit the tapioca starch.
The tapioca flour in this recipe can be omitted with only slightly different results texturally.
The cookie dough can be covered and refrigerated for up to two days before baking if necessary.
You can use any chocolate of your choice, but for a truly no sugar added option that is wholly delicious, I absolutely love these sugar-free 100% chocolate chips from Pascha.
These cookies store well in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. And in my opinion, they taste amazing straight from the fridge!
More Coconut Flour Cookie Recipes you might enjoy:
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest's "tried it" feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I'll share it! Thank you so much! <3
Naturally Sweetened Coconut Flour Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Keto Option)
- 1/3 cup + 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour omit for keto option
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large or 2 small ripe bananas mashed (omit for keto, see tips above in post for advised substitution)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter melted
- 5 tablespoons 100% chocolate chips or any chocolate chips or chopped chocolate of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine coconut flour, tapioca flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a seperate bowl whisk together bananas, eggs and oil/butter until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using wet hands, scoop out rounded tablespoon portions of dough. Place on cookie sheet and flatten slightly with hands.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until edges and bottoms are turning golden.
- Let cool completely before serving.