These Vegan & Gluten-Free Mango Nice Cream Bars make for one easy, healthy, delicious, and refreshing frozen treat! A creamy frozen mango banana ice cream filling sits atop a chewy cardamom almond crust in this delightful dessert.
Where do I start with this one? I was beyond pleased with how these Mango Nice Cream Bars turned out! I was in the mood for a delicious treat, but didn't want any added sugar. And while I love dates, sometimes I get a little burnt out on their use in healthy desserts; so I turned to golden raisins for a little experimentation. The result? DIVINE.
These creamy nice cream bars have a heavenly vegan banana mango ice cream filling with an amazing chewy and flavorful cardamom almond flour crust. The flavor combos in this healthy treat are out of this world! And best of all? It is ridiculously easy to make.
These Vegan Mango Nice Cream Bars are:
- Easy to make
- Super Flavorful
- Creamy & Chewy
- and SO Good!
Tips for making Mango Nice Cream Bars:
I greatly prefer the flavor of golden raisins in this recipe but regular raisins or any small dried fruit of your choice will work well. I recommend purchasing unsweetened for best results.
Instead of purchasing almond flour, you can also make your own almond meal by placing almonds in a food processor or blender and blending until a powder forms.
These bars will store well in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Please give them a go and let me know what you think! I would love to hear about it!
More Frozen Desserts
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest's "tried it" feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I'll share it! Thank you so much! <3
Vegan Mango Nice Cream Bars (Gluten-Free)
Chewy Cardamom Crust
- 1 cup golden raisins or medjool dates
- 3/4 cup almond flour or meal
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- contents of 1 green cardamom pod or 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
Mango Nice Cream
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 fresh ripe mango
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- pinch ground turmeric
- pinch ground cinnamon
- In a food processor or high speed blender combine almond flour, raisins, 1 tbs coconut oil, and cardamom.
- Blend until evenly broken down and sticky. You want to preserve a bit of texture here.
- In a parchment lined bread loaf pan press your crust mixture down evenly and firmly completely lining the bottom of the pan.
- Place in the freezer while you prepare your nice cream filling.
- In a food processor or blender combine frozen bananas, mango, 3 tbs coconut oil, turmeric, and cinnamon.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Remove loaf pan from freezer.
- Pour nice cream mixture on top of crust. Smooth the top with a spoon ensuring an even layer.
- Cover and place into the freezer for at least three hours before serving.
- When ready to serve. Lift the parchment, place on a cutting boards and slice into bars.
- Keep covered and stored in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.