This post is sponsored by Naturacentric. All opinions expressed are my own.
An easy and refreshing shrub syrup recipe made with Naturacentric Orange Infused Honey and fresh mango. This drinking vinegar can be used a variety of ways and is perfectly sweet, tart and flavorful!
If you've never made a shrub drink before, you are in for a treat! Vinegar, fruit and honey truly are well matched in this Orange Honey Mango Shrub drink recipe. There are a few different ways to enjoy a shrub, but we're going sparkling-style for a wholly refreshing drink perfect for warmer weather!
🥃 What is a shrub?
A shrub is a vinegar-based syrup also known as drinking vinegar. It is usually a blend of vinegar, fruit and a sweetener of some sort. There are a few different techniques used for making a shrub syrup—all delicious! A shrub can be served a myriad of ways as we'll discuss below.
🔪 How-to Make
Step 1: Combine ingredients in a saucepan and simmer until thickened. Let cool to room temp.
Step 2: Strain the shrub syrup.
Step 3: To serve, fill a glass with ice, top with shrub syrup, followed by sparkling water. Optionally, garnish with fresh sage.
Step 4: Enjoy!
🍸 Ways to Enjoy
- As shown in this post, as a refreshing non-alcoholic sparkling beverage.
- As a cocktail mixer. Use 1/4 cup shrub syrup and 3/4 cup club soda, sparkling water, soda or juice alongside 1/4 cup a favorite liquor such as rum or vodka.
- To make a homemade salad dressing. Mix one part shrub syrup with one part olive oil.
- Make a yogurt parfait by drizzling plain or vanilla yogurt with shrub syrup, then topped off with granola.
- Drizzled over ice cream.
- Drizzle over freshly cut fruit for a decadent treat.
- To top off your pancakes and waffles.
Naturacentric is woman owned and operated apothecary selling amazing infused raw honeys, herbal tea blends, wellness elixirs, nourishing soap, bath salts and more eco-friendly goods. I can attest to their grade A quality and service!
🍹 More Delicious Drink Recipes
Orange Mango Shrub Drink
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 fresh mango diced (peeled and pitted)
- ½ cup Naturacentric Orange Infused Honey
- ¼ cup water
- sparkling water for serving
- ice for serving
- fresh sage optional, for garnishing
- In a saucepan over high heat add vinegar, mango, honey and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer (medium-low) and simmer for 15 minutes or until the mango has broken down and the mixture has reduced and thickened a little (reminiscent of syrup). Turn off heat and let cool to room temp.
- Using a fine-mesh strainer, strain the shrub syrup from the fruit pulp (see post for step-by-step images).
- When ready to serve, fill a glass with ice, top off with shrub syrup and sparkling water. Use approximately 1/4 cup shrub syrup per 1 cup sparkling water (but feel free to adjust to suit your tastes!). Optionally, garnish with fresh sage before serving.
- Keep the shrub stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. Enjoy!