This Iced Rose Rooibos Tea Latte makes a calming and refreshing plant-based drink perfect for anytime of day. Vegan and gluten-free.
I've been sipping on this soothing beverage for some time now so figured it high-time I share it here on the blog for you to enjoy, too! I absolutely love rooibos tea. I find it to have rather calming and relaxing properties, but not too much so, making it a great morning, afternoon or evening beverage. Rose paired with rooibos is an excellent match both because of the similar properties they share, as well as flavor notes. It's refreshing and cooling, much like an Iced Cold Brew Hibiscus Tea. Throw it on ice with touch of sweetness, and you are in for one divine sweet treat of a drink! Enjoy.
- Super soothing and refreshing.
- Easy to make.
- Packed with flavor.
- Suitable for anytime of day.
- Naturally vegan, plant based, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free and refined sugar-free.
🍵 What is Rooibos Tea?
Rooibos (pronounced roy-boss), also known as red tea or redbush tea, hails from South Africa. Its leaves and stems are fermented, lending its rich, red color. It is not a true tea (from a tea plant), but a tisane (an herbal tea). It has a warming, earthy flavor and is naturally caffeine-free. Rooibos contains powerful antioxidants that have been shown to have a relaxing effect on the central nervous system, including lowering cortisol levels in the body.
💭 Top Tips and FAQ
Can I make this sugar-free?
Yes! You can omit the maple syrup or use a sugar-free sweetener for a still-tasty and refreshing Rooibos Tea Latte.
Can I use a different sweetener?
Yes. You can use any granulated or liquid sweetener of your choosing.
Can I use regular milk?
Yes. You can use regular dairy milk or any plant-based milk of your choosing in this recipe. We personally like oat milk or coconut milk best.
Can I make this warm instead of iced?
Yes! If making warm, combine the tea with milk right after straining. Use only 1 tablespoon of sweetener if serving warm, as the iced version dilutes the sweetness a bit.
☕ More Delicious Drink Recipes You Might Love
Iced Blueberry Cardamom Moon Milk
22 Fun and Creative Tea Infused Recipes
Iced Rose Rooibos Tea Latte
- 1 cup water
- 1 bag rooibos tea or 1 teaspoon loose leaf tea
- 1 tablespoon edible rose petals or rosebuds, plus more to optionally garnish
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey if not vegan
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder
- ½ cup oat milk or other milk of choice
- ice for serving
- Add the water to a saucepan over high heat, bring to a boil, then turn off the heat.
- Add the tea bag (or loose leaf) and rose petals. Cover the pan and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bag and strain the rose petals. Whisk in the maple syrup and vanilla extract. Let the tea cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the milk to the tea, then whisk to combine.
- Place ice into glasses, then pour the latte over the ice. Optionally, garnish with rose petals before serving. Enjoy!
Daniela Modesto says
This is such a stunning drink, my friend!! I can't wait to make it! The combination sounds simply divine!
Kristen Wood says
Thank you so much, my friend! That means a ton. 🙂