Super easy, healthy and delicious Chewy Banana Oatmeal Bars that are gluten-free, vegan and sweetened by bananas alone!
These little chewy bars are something that my toddler greatly enjoys; and I saw it high time that I shared!
Quick, easy, healthy, and full of wholesome ingredients — these granola bars have a wonderful texture, and an even better flavor. They are incredibly tasty, filling, and make a perfect energy fueling snack when you need that extra pick me up.
This is also an incredibly fun recipe for kids to help you make; and easy for little fingers to hold!
For adults or kids alike, you will be no doubt be impressed with the ease and heartiness of these nutrition packed delights. . .
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Super easy to make, one bowl recipe.
- Makes a great breakfast, snack or dessert.
- Nutritious and filling.
- Great for kids or a grab and go snack!
- Reminiscent of banana bread, with a chai spiced touch.
- Naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, flour free, egg free, soy free, vegan, and no sugar added.
- You stir in a drizzle of peanut butter or almond butter to the batter.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Stir in a handful of chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle the banana oat bars with raisins or nuts, seeds before baking.
- Make it a touch sweeter by adding a few tablespoons of brown sugar, maple syrup or honey.
More Delicious Bars
Chewy Banana Oatmeal Bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a round or square baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the above ingredients. Using your fingers, or a spatula, mix and mash until all is very well combined.
- Using the back of a spatula, spread your granola bar mixture into a parchment-lined pan until evenly spread & uniformly level (pat it down firmly).
- Bake for 23-27 minutes, or until firm and beginning to turn golden on the edges.
- Let cool before slicing and serving.