Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income through affiliate links at no extra cost to you.
Super easy, healthy and delicious Chewy Banana Oatmeal Bars that are gluten-free, vegan and sweetened by bananas alone!
These little chewy bars are something that my toddler greatly enjoys; and I saw it high time that I shared!
Quick, easy, healthy, and full of wholesome ingredients -- these granola bars have a wonderful texture, and an even better flavor. They are incredibly tasty, filling, and make a perfect energy fueling snack when you need that extra pick me up.
This is also an incredibly fun recipe for kids to help you make; and easy for little fingers to hold!
For adults or kids alike, you will be no doubt be impressed with the ease and heartiness of these nutrition packed delights. . .
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Super easy to make, one bowl recipe.
- Makes a great breakfast, snack or dessert.
- Nutritious and filling.
- Great for kids or a grab and go snack!
- Reminiscent of banana bread, with a chai spiced touch.
- Naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, flour free, egg free, soy free, vegan, and no sugar added.
- You stir in a drizzle of peanut butter or almond butter to the batter.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Stir in a handful of chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle the banana oat bars with raisins or nuts, seeds before baking.
- Make it a touch sweeter by adding a few tablespoons of brown sugar, maple syrup or honey.
More Delicious Bars
Chewy Banana Oatmeal Bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a round or square baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the above ingredients. Using your fingers, or a spatula, mix and mash until all is very well combined.
- Using the back of a spatula, spread your granola bar mixture into a parchment-lined pan until evenly spread & uniformly level (pat it down firmly).
- Bake for 23-27 minutes, or until firm and beginning to turn golden on the edges.
- Let cool before slicing and serving.