Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income through affiliate links at no extra cost to you.
These gluten-free and vegan Easy One Pot Spiced Potatoes make for one big bowl of comfort food with their delightful blend of flavors and textures!
This is one of my favorite ways to eat potatoes; and it makes for one warm, comforting and hearty dish!
The combination of (ever so subtly spicy) spices adds a beautiful flavor without any over-powering heat. Great alone, as a side dish, or served with a favorite condiment - this tasty potato bowl will satisfy the taste buds and warm the heart. . .
More Delicious Potato Recipes
Easy One Pot Spiced Potatoes
- 5 russet potatoes peeled & cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 Thai chile dried
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric ground
- 1 handful fresh mixed greens I like to use spinach, kale and arugula
- Peel, chop, and rinse/drain potatoes. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, heat the olive oil.
- Sauté the onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add cumin seeds, cloves, and the Thai chile to the pan. Turn the heat to medium, stir & cook a few minutes longer.
- Stir in the potatoes, salt, pepper, and turmeric. Turn the heat to high and cook a few minutes more while stirring continuously.
- Add the water to the pan until potatoes are just covered.
- Cover, bring to boil, and reduce to simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid, turn the heat to high and cook until all water has evaporated, about 15-20 minutes longer.
- Turn off and remove from the heat when you hear a crackling sound & can smell your potatoes browning (or flip an edge a little to check).
- Throw in a handful of mixed greens, cover the pot, and then let it sit for 5-10 minutes to wilt & then cool. Remove the thai chili (the flavor has been extracted) before serving!