These easy, healthy, and delicious Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Bars are flour-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and made with only a few simple and wholesome ingredients!
I’ve always been fond of using nut & seed butter in baked goods, and these flourless Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Bars are no exception! They make the perfect healthy dessert that is packed with flavor, super easy to make, and melt in your mouth! Enjoy.
There isn’t any need for flour in gluten-free baking when you have peanut butter (or any nut butter) on hand! It can mimic and even outdo the best of gluten-free flours in terms of both texture and taste.
These Healthy Flourless Peanut Butter Bars are:
- Gluten-free, dairy-free, oat-free, and free of refined sugar.
- Made with just a few simple, healthy ingredients.
- Super easy, one-bowl prep!
- Super moist and chewy.
- High in protein.
- Delicious and will not last long!
Tips for Making Flourless Peanut Butter Bars:
- For best results, use peanut butter with minimal ingredients. One made with just peanuts & salt is ideal.
- In need of a peanut-free version? Almond butter, cashew butter, pecan butter, pumpkin seed butter, and sunflower seed butter are all excellent choices for this recipe.
- I recommend using a very non-stick pan or lining one with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Let the bars cool completely after baking for the best results. They will firm up significantly as they cool.
- You can store these bars in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. And the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Are you out of cinnamon? These bars taste great with any warming spices you might like to add: ginger, cardamom, nutmeg, and cloves. And they are simply delicious without any spices added, too!
- Looking for a more decadent option? Mix in some dairy-free chocolate chips before baking.
- You can swap the maple syrup for raw honey if you prefer.
- You can make a sugar-free version by using a syrup such as this one.
If you enjoy this flourless dessert, you might also like this flourless chocolate cake.
More Delicious Recipes You Might Enjoy
Healthy Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 cup of peanut butter creamy or chunky
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup see tips above in the post for other options
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon optional
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or line a pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all of the above ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (I find 18 minutes to be about perfect), or until all is firm and the edges are turning golden.
- Let cool completely before slicing and serving.