A super easy, healthy, and delicious spiced carrot lentil soup with a perfect balance of flavors & textures. Gluten-free, vegan, and in a bowl in 30 minutes!
Soups are one of the easiest, tastiest, and nourishing things you can make! And, this spiced red lentil carrot soup is no exception.
With wholesome, healthy ingredients and just the perfect amount of spice, this hearty soup will soothe you with its warmth and ease of preparation.
And, who doesn’t love a good soup this time of year?
Autumn always finds me craving and creating a myriad of soups…far more than I post here!
But this soup, well, I just had to post. . .
Creamy red lentils paired with chunky carrots in a warm, soothing, spiced broth? Yes, please!
I simply cannot get enough of this easy & delicious soup, and I certainly hope you feel the same way too!
You Might Also Like
Spiced Carrot Lentil Soup
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 cup red lentils
- 6 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped + extra for garnishing
- to taste salt
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add oil, garlic & onion. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Stir in all spices (except salt), let cook for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add lentils, carrots and water/broth. Turn heat to high, bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and let simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until all is tender and water/broth has reduced to your liking.
- Salt to taste.
- Stir in cilantro, turn off heat, cover and let it sit for a few minutes. Optionally, garnish with more cilantro before serving.