Disclaimer: You will find affiliate links for the products I use and love on this blog. I will earn from any purchases you make from these links, but it is at no extra cost to you. I appreciate your support!
Sponsored Post: This post is sponsored by Mezzetta but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
20-minute Socca Pizza recipe with onion, rosemary, feta cheese and a garlic and basil marinara sauce. Gluten-free with a vegan option.
As a stay at home mom, every day is an adventure (re: picking up food off of the floor 30 times a day). And, as a work from home food blogger, every day in the kitchen is an adventure as well (re: picking up food off of the floor 30 times a day!!). That is why I appreciate it even more so when I discover great products such as Mezzetta's wonderful line of marinara sauce products using the most delicious plum tomatoes from Italy's San Marzano region. All of the deliciousness of slowly cooked homemade marinara sauce, without any of the fuss!
Anything that adds a bit of ease to the adventure that is life, is always most welcome!
And, I don't know about you, but I can always use a shortcut in the kitchen that doesn't taste like one!
And for that, Mezzetta sure stands by their promise: "Simple. Rich. Real". I can attest. . .
My inspiration for this recipe was the sauce itself. I wanted to complement it, not overpower it, and I drew my inspiration from authentic Italian cuisine as well.
When I first took a taste of this incredible sauce, I knew immediately what I wanted to create with it...
Farinata (as it is called in Southern Italy), is also known as socca; and it is a wonderful quick, easy, and healthy flatbread or crepe (dependent on how thinly you cook the batter) made from chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour. It is chock-full of protein and fiber, naturally gluten free, and cooks up in no time! How wonderful is that?!
When I chose to pair this beautiful crust with the amazing lusciousness of Mezzetta's Whole Garlic & Sweet Basil Marinara Sauce -- whoa, it knocked my socks off!
Just look at the beauty that is this sauce. . .
Top it off with a little feta cheese, which is all it really needs (so much wonderful flavor already!) and you have one amazing dish! (You can even omit the cheese and eat it as a delectable vegan meal as well!)
10 minutes to prep & 10 minutes to cook is all that it takes! You can have an amazing meal in 20 minutes! Easy & tasty as can be...
And, I don't know about you, but while every day life adventures can be really wonderful, sometimes it's nice to hop a plane, let go, relax & soak in something new - yeah? Well..
I'm supremely lucky to have partnered with Mezzetta to create this tasty recipe, and even luckier to be able to share with you an amazing opportunity to win an 11 day trip to Italy!! This trip includes round trip airfare and hotel accommodations for 2, and an incredible guided tour of Italy -- including a visit to the beautiful San Marzano region to see first hand where the incredible tomatoes used in Mezzetta products come from!
What are you waiting for?! It takes only 10 seconds to enter, and: adventure is waiting!
*Note: 'The Win a Trip to Italy Sweepstakes' is now closed.*
My family absolutely adored this pizza, and I'm certain yours will, too!
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest's "tried it" feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I'll share it! Thank you so much! <3
- 1 cup chickpea flour garbanzo bean flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp crushed rosemary
- 1/4 white onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 jar of Mezzetta’s Whole Garlic & Sweet Basil Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled (omit for vegan option)
- Turn broiler on in oven. Place a cast iron or broiler safe skillet on rack 6 inches below broiler. Let it heat while you prepare ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, water, 2 tbs olive oil, salt, rosemary, and garlic. Whisk together vigorously. Let it sit for 5 minutes (while your skillet is heating).
- Finely chop your onion, set aside.
- Remove your heated skillet from the oven, toss in your chopped onion, return to broiler and let cook for 1 minute.
- Remove your skillet, drizzle with 1 tsp of olive oil. Pour your farinata (socca) batter into hot skillet and tilt to evenly coat bottom. Drizzle remaining 1 tsp olive oil on top.
- Place skillet under broiler and cook your chickpea flour pizza crust for 5-7 minutes, or until edges are browning and top is blistered.
- Remove your crust from oven. Top with Mezzetta’s Marinara. Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese (or toppings of your choice).
- Return to broiler and cook for 5 minutes, or until toppings are warm/beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool a few minutes, slice & serve.