Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income through affiliate links at no extra cost to you.
This easy and healthy Baked Carrot and Walnut Falafel makes for one delicious high-protein and high-fiber vegan gluten-free meal, side, or snack! It pairs well with my Turmeric and Cilantro Sunflower Seed Sauce.
I’m all for easy and healthy around here. And, these Baked Carrot and Walnut Falafel Patties fit the bill and more . . .
How to Make Carrot Falafel
You simply blend all of the falafel ingredients, shape into patties and then bake. Easy peasy. Throw in a batch of my Turmeric and Cilantro Sunflower Seed Sauce and you’re all set with a delicious and filling meal!
- super easy to make
- filled with healthy high-fiber and high-protein ingredients
- gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, soy-free and tahini-free
- both tender and slightly crisp
- great on their own, dipped into sauce, as a veggie burger, on salads — you name it!
- absolutely delicious!
If you’re looking for a quick grab and go versatile recipe that you can enjoy right away or freeze for later, this is it! These delicious baked falafel patties are beyond versatile and will become a staple in no time! Enjoy. xo.
If nut-free, you can use sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds in place of the walnuts!
You Might Also Like
Baked Carrot Falafel with Walnuts (Vegan + Gluten-Free)
- 1 cup canned or pre-cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup raw walnuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- turmeric and cilantro sunflower seed sauce optional, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Drizzle with oil and set aside.
- To a food processor high-speed blender add all of the above falafel ingredients. Blend until mostly smooth.
- Using 3 tablespoons of batter at a time, shape into patties using wet hands. Place on your prepared cookie sheet at least 1/4" apart. Drizzle with oil.
- Bake for 25 minutes, flipping the patties halfway through cooking time. Let cool before serving. Optionally serve with my Turmeric and Cilantro Sunflower Seed Sauce.