Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income through affiliate links at no extra cost to you.
This post is sponsored by Mountain Rose Herbs. All opinions expressed are my own.
Enchanting DIY Fizzy Bath Salts with hints of Rose, Juniper Berry, Rosemary, Grapefruit, and Aloe. This soul soothing bath salts recipe not only makes for a fun project, but results in super soft and supple skin. This subtly scented bath soak produces all the magical fizz you would come to expect from your favorite bath bombs (if not more!).
I'm a bath lover through and through so when I partnered with Mountain Rose Herbs for this post, I knew what I must do! This fizzy bath salts recipe is like one big bath bomb without any of the fuss. It is super silky, fizzy and magically delightful . . .
- Mountain Rose Herbs
- Fizzy Bath Salts Recipe Ingredients
- Using Fizzy Bath Salts
- Top Tips for the DIY Fizzy Bath Salts Experience
- More Soothing Self Care Recipes
- Mountain Rose Herbs Essential Oil Sale!
- Make It
Mountain Rose Herbs
Mountain Rose Herbs carries the highest quality organic herbs, essential oils, spices, and DIY ingredients you can find. On top of that, they are a zero waste certified company, and all of their products are fair-trade sourced!
Fizzy Bath Salts Recipe Ingredients
Baking soda adds silky detoxifying benefits whilst making the water a bit more on the alkaline side.
Citric acid is the secret ingredient that adds all the fizzy power of a bath bomb.
Juniper trees have a special place in my heart and also dot the landscape I call home! Their lovely berries are not only full of vitamin C and antibacterial compounds, but also make a lovely aid for the lymphatic system, making them a great choice for a healing bath soak.
Ah, rose -- heart-healing, soothing and fragrant to boot.
Aloe Vera Powder
Aloe vera is filled with skin healing powers, anti-aging benefits and wonderful moisturizing properties.
I'm quite fond of the scent of grapefruit peel alongside rosemary and rose. Bonus: it has gentle exfoliating properties.
Using Fizzy Bath Salts
Storing and Enjoying
- Add 1/4 to 1 cupful to the warm running water in a bath. Soak and enjoy!
- Store layered in jars in your bathroom not only for a pleasing aesthetic effect, but for future enjoyable use.
- Store in small jars for gifting purposes.
Top Tips for the DIY Fizzy Bath Salts Experience
It's completely optional, but I like to lightly crush the juniper berries using a mortar and pestle before adding to the bath salts mixture to help release its powerful plant compounds. This can also be done with the grapefruit peel, if desired.
If you're worried about what clean-up might look like after using such plant-powered ingredients, let me tell you, it is easier than you can imagine! The majority of the ingredients dissolve into silky, fizzy bliss while the rose buds, juniper berries and grapefruit peel gently float and rehydrate as you soak. These fragrant bits of plant material can be easily scooped up by your hands or a mesh colander before exiting the bath. I then like to add them to my compost pile or save for the next bath!
This is a very versatile and flexible bath soak recipe. If you are allergic to or not fond of any of the ingredients, you can easily omit or substitute to your tastes. Just keep in mind, the citric acid is what makes these bath salts -fizzy- !
More Soothing Self Care Recipes
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest’s “tried it” feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I’ll share it! Thank you so much! <3
Mountain Rose Herbs Essential Oil Sale!
For a limited time while supplies last, all of Mountain Rose Herb's essential oils are 25% off! Browse the sale HERE.
DIY Fizzy Bath Salts Recipe
- 1 cup epsom salts
- 1/2 cup sea salt
- 1 cup baking soda
- 11 drops rosemary essential oil
- 1/4 cup hemp seed oil
- 3/4 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup lightly crushed dried juniper berries
- 1/2 cup red alaea salt
- 1/4 cup rose buds
- 1/4 cup aloe vera powder
- 2 tablespoons dried grapefruit peel
- In a large bowl combine epsom salt, sea salt and baking soda. Stir to combine.
- Add drops of rosemary oil to center of salt mixture.
- Combine the rosemary oil with the rest of the salt mixture by gently massaging with your hands.
- Pour hemp oil into salt mixture and gently fold with a spoon or your hands until the salt mixture is tinted green and all is coated well.
- Add citric acid to the bowl. Gently massage the citric acid into the salt mixture until just combined.
- Next, you can either layer the salt mixture alternating with remaining ingredients in a jar or simply mix remaining ingredients with the salt in the bowl before storing or using.
- Pour any amount you would like into a bath and enjoy the magical, skin-soothing fizz!