Disclaimer: You will find affiliate links for the products I use and love on this blog. I will earn from any purchases you make from these links, but it is at no extra cost to you. I appreciate your support!
These easy, healthy and delicious Gluten-Free Apple Buckwheat Flour Muffins are full of fiber, protein, the perfect blend of spices and are free from refined sugars making them a great breakfast, snack or dessert!
I’ve been on a bit of a muffin kick lately as my kiddos quite enjoy them as their little handheld afternoon snack . . .
We are also quite fond of the heartiness, earthiness & versatility of buckwheat flour!
I wanted to make apple muffins that were not too sweet and that could be enjoyed as a healthy treat or filling breakfast…but that were still full of flavor! I think I succeeded.
These Gluten-Free Buckwheat Flour Apple Muffins are
super hearty and filling
packed with protein and fiber
easily made to be dairy-free
perfect for breakfast, a snack or a dessert
packed with beautiful and fragrant warming spices reminiscent of autumn
quick and easy to make
I hope you think so, too! Enjoy. xo.
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest's "tried it" feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I'll share it! Thank you so much! <3
Apple Buckwheat Muffins (Gluten-Free)
- 1 3/4 cups buckwheat flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- `1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla dairy or non-dairy yogurt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup dairy or non-dairy milk
- 2 apples I use Fuji (1 grated, 1 thinly sliced for topping)
- coconut sugar for sprinkling (optional, but delicious)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a muffin tin. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl combine dry ingredients buckwheat flour through cloves. Stir to combine.
- In another large bowl combine eggs, maple syrup, yogurt, oil and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until smoothly combined.
- Fold in one grated apple.
- Spoon your muffin batter into your greased tin, filling each right up to the top.
- Thinly slice an apple and place 2-4 slices on each muffin, pushing them down slightly into the batter.
- Optionally, sprinkle the tops with coconut sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are turning golden and the centers are firm.
- Let cool for at least ten minutes before lifting from the tin.