Disclaimer: You will find affiliate links for the products I use and love on this blog. I will earn from any purchases you make from these links, but it is at no extra cost to you. I appreciate your support!
This gluten-free and vegan pasta dish is bursting with flavorful roasted red peppers, ground chipotle pepper and its secret ingredient of homemade pumpkin seed milk! Topped off with pepitas, red chili flakes and nutritional yeast, it makes for one big, spicy and delicious bowl of healthy comfort food.
Every once in a while I feel a strong streak of creativity and really want to play around with flavors in the kitchen. This is one such recipe. This Spicy Pasta Bowl is filled with savory, spicy, smoky, creamy goodness!
Making your own nut or seed milk is easier than one might think; and this pasta dish uses a quick and fresh homemade pumpkin seed milk to a add rich creaminess that beautifully elevates the spices used in this recipe. And the bonus? Pumpkin seeds are rich in fiber, magnesium, zinc, iron, protein, and antioxidants!
Throw in some high-protein gluten-free pasta and you have one hearty, healthy and delicious Spicy Roasted Red Pepper & Chipotle Pasta Bowl that is:
- filled to the brim with bold and rich flavors
- nourishing and healthy
- satisfyingly filling
- quick and easy to throw together
- gluten-free & vegan
All in all, this is a genuinely tasty and unique pasta dish that is sure to add a little something extra to your lunch or dinner routines (especially if you like spicy!). Enjoy. xo.
You Might Also Like
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest's "tried it" feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I'll share it! Thank you so much! <3
Spicy Roasted Red Pepper & Chipotle Pumpkin Seed Pasta Bowl (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- 1 8 oz package gluten-free pasta of choice I use elbows
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/2 onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chickpea / garbanzo bean flour OR gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream optional
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- to taste sea salt
- to optionally garnish: pepitas / pumpkin seeds nutritional yeast, oregano, chili flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- Prepare your pumpkin seed milk: In a high speed blender or food processor combine pumpkin seeds and water. Blend until smooth. Strain in a nut-milk bag or cheesecloth, and set aside.
- To a high speed blender or food processor combine red peppers, onion, garlic, flour, coconut cream, vinegar, sugar, ground chipotle, red chili flakes and pumpkin seed milk. Blend until smooth.
- In a large skillet or pot heat olive oil over medium heat. Add blended pasta sauce. Simmer until you reached your desired consistency / thickness. Salt to taste.
- Stir in pasta. Serve and top with desired garnishes.