This gluten-free and vegan pasta dish is bursting with flavorful roasted red peppers, ground chipotle pepper and its secret ingredient of homemade pumpkin seed milk! Topped off with pepitas, red chili flakes and nutritional yeast, it makes for one big, spicy and delicious bowl of healthy comfort food.
Every once in a while I feel a strong streak of creativity and really want to play around with flavors in the kitchen. This is one such recipe. This Spicy Pasta Bowl is filled with savory, spicy, smoky, creamy goodness!
Making your own nut or seed milk is easier than one might think; and this pasta dish uses a quick and fresh homemade pumpkin seed milk to a add rich creaminess that beautifully elevates the spices used in this recipe. And the bonus? Pumpkin seeds are rich in fiber, magnesium, zinc, iron, protein, and antioxidants!
Throw in some high-protein gluten-free pasta and you have one hearty, healthy and delicious Spicy Roasted Red Pepper & Chipotle Pasta Bowl that is:
filled to the brim with bold and rich flavors
nourishing and healthy
quick and easy to throw together
gluten-free & vegan
All in all, this is a genuinely tasty and unique pasta dish that is sure to add a little something extra to your lunch or dinner routines (especially if you like spicy!). Enjoy. xo.
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest's "tried it" feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I'll share it! Thank you so much! <3
- 1 8 oz box gluten-free pasta of choice (I use elbows)
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 3 cups of water water
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin seed milk
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/2 onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chickpea / garbanzo bean flour OR gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream (optional)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- to taste sea salt
- to optionally garnish: pepitas / pumpkin seeds, nutritional yeast, oregano, chili flakes
4 servings | 1 serving:
Shop This Recipe: