How to Make Sunflower Seed Butter + 24 Sunflower Seed Butter Recipes: Learn how to make delicious and healthy sunflower seed butter a.k.a. sunbutter, learn more about sunflower seed butter nutrition, and find 16 easy and nutritious recipes to use sunflower seed butter in. From cookies, to bread, to lunch, dinner, and granola bars - this sunflower seed butter recipe round-up has it all!
Sunflower seed butter could not be more easy to make at home! And, whether you are nut-free, or looking to try a new nut butter alternative, sunflower seed butter will not disappoint with its creamy and delicious goodness!
What is Sunflower Seed Butter? Plus, Sunflower Seed Butter Nutrition & Health Benefits.
Sunflower seed butter is the result of blending sunflower seeds until the oils are released and it turns into a rich and creamy seed butter.
Sunflower seed butter makes a great alternative to nuts and nut butter for those who suffer from nut allergies.
Sunflower seed butter’s flavor has been compared to peanut butter.
Sunflower seed butter is gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, dairy-free, vegan, soy-free, sugar-free, paleo and keto diet friendly.
Sunflower seed butter is rich in healthy fats, protein and fiber.
Sunflower seed butter is a good source of magnesium, vitamin E, B vitamins, iron and zinc.
Sunflower seed butter makes a great addition to a seed cycling routine for hormone health.
Sunflower Seed Butter Recipe:
How to Make Sunflower Seed Butter
- 3 cups raw sunflower seeds salted or unsalted (keep in mind any recipes you would like to use them in)
- In a food processor or high-speed blender add sunflower seeds.
- Pulse intermittently until the seeds resemble a coarse flour.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy, stopping and scraping down the sides if necessary. If the oils have not been released and your seed butter is not looking shiny, liquidy and creamy, keep going! It will turn eventually. Times will vary slightly dependent upon how powerful a food processor or blender you use.
- Store in lidded jars at room temperature for up to 2 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Tips for making Sunflower Butter:
- Use fresh, good quality raw organic sunflower seeds for the easiest, creamiest and tastiest results.
- If you want your Sunflower Butter to be extra creamy, add 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil to your blender or food processor when blending the sunflower seeds.
- To make the natural bitterness of Sunflower Butter more palatable, add 1/4 cup coconut sugar to the blender or food processor when blending the sunflower seeds.
- You can flavor your Sunflower Seed Butter with any spices of your choosing. I like to add warming spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger for a creamy treat.
- To make Chocolate Sunbutter, add 1/4 cup cacao or cocoa powder to the blender or food processor when blending the sunflower seeds.