This creamy and comforting ruby hot chocolate recipe is made with delicious ruby chocolate chips for a unique hot cocoa flavor. Gluten-free!
This cozy pink hot chocolate recipe is made with ruby chocolate chips not only for a beautiful subtly pink color, but a truly unique and delicious chocolate drink bursting with flavor.
Non-toxic + truly non-stick!
🍫 What is Ruby Chocolate?
Ruby chocolate is chocolate made from ruby-colored cacao beans. It was first introduced to the market in 2017 by a chocolate company by the name of Barry Callebaut. Ruby chocolate has a unique flavor that is most similar to that of white chocolate but with tangy, fruit notes, most likely due to the addition of citric acid.
Ruby chocolate chips perfect for making ruby hot chocolate!
💗 Why You Will Love This Recipe
- This ruby hot chocolate is a fun recipe with a unique and satisfying taste.
- Few things are more comforting than a mug of homemade hot chocolate (a few moments of peace, anyone?)!
- It's a great fit for Valentine's Day, but certainly delicious any time of year as well.
- This ruby hot cocoa has a beautiful light pink color thanks to the ruby cocoa beans used to make ruby chocolate.
- Naturally vegetarian, gluten-free, and nut-free.
🥛 Ingredients and Substitutes
Ruby chocolate chips: Ruby chocolate adds all the unique flavor and chocolate here. Ruby chocolate chips have a luscious smoothness that melts into milk just perfectly for a hot drinking chocolate and its slight berry-fruitiness makes it a decadent alternative to conventional hot cocoa.
Non-toxic + truly non-stick!
Milk: You can use any kind of milk you most prefer in this recipe. I'm a major oat milk fan, so that's what I use, you can use regular dairy milk or any plant-based milk.
Vanilla Extract: The slightest touch of vanilla balances the sharp, acidic notes of ruby chocolate and lends a nice luscious berry finish to this recipe (ever had vanilla and berries?). If you do not have vanilla extract, a pinch of vanilla bean powder will get the job done.
How to Make Ruby Hot Chocolate
- Start by adding all of the ingredients to a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir well with a whisk until the chocolate melts completely and all have come to a slightly frothy simmer.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy right away.
🥄 Serving Ideas
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream and grated ruby chocolate.
- Serve nice a hefty dose of marshmallows.
- Stick part of a ruby chocolate bar into the mug as a makeshift stirring stick that slowly melts into the hot chocolate.
❓ Frequently Asked Questions
Ruby chocolate has been compared to white chocolate with notes of raspberries and has a sweet milky taste with slightly tangy notes.
Yes. Ruby chocolate is naturally pink chocolate made from real cocoa beans, cocoa butter, whole milk powder, citric acid, and sugar.
☕ More Delicious Hot Chocolate Recipes
Ruby Hot Chocolate
- 1 ½ cups milk of choice I like to use oat milk
- 3 tablespoons ruby chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the milk, ruby chocolate chips and vanilla extract.
- Whisk well, until the chocolate is fully melted and the hot chocolate is warm and frothy, about 5 minutes.
- Pour into a favorite mug and enjoy!
I learned so much from your ruby hot chocolate post. I have never heard of ruby chocolate chips before and loved learning from your hot chocolate recipe. Thank you for the great information!
This is so rich and creamy and delicious! And it was so easy to make, I'll never buy the sugary store-bought stuff again!
Bella B says
This was my first time using ruby chocolate. Thanks for all the info. Will be making this again on Valentine's Day. Seems like the perfect rom com watching beverage.
This hot chocolate is not only super delicious but really easy and so pretty when it’s done! Thank you for another winning recipe. I’ll be making this one again for sure.
I'd never even heard of ruby chocolate chips but I saw them and bought them and this hot chocolate is amazing! It is so rich and indulgent but easy to make! I'm in love!
I found some ruby chocolate and stumbled upon this recipe. The taste is fabulous! I'll be making it again as a special treat on Valentine's Day to share with my significant other.
This had the perfect flavor and texture! I had never had ruby hot chocolate before, but after reading the description, I had to try it. I am so glad I did. I don't know if I will be able to go back to regular hot chocolate!