Super fragrant and flavorful Teff Flour Pumpkin Bread, packed with big pumpkin spice flavor! This rich, dense cake-like loaf is gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free and refined sugar free, for one healthy pumpkin bread recipe!
I'm a real sucker for anything made with warming spices—chai, pumpkin spice, gingerbread, you name it! So, I certainly could not wait to make a new pumpkin bread for you all this fall. I've recently become smitten with teff flour, so I knew I had to put it to use here, and boy am I glad that I did! The subtle nuttiness of teff flour pairs beautifully pumpkin spices and makes for one nutrient dense gluten free pumpkin bread to boot! I so hope you enjoy this loaf as much as we do! Enjoy.
Why You'll Love It
- Super easy to make.
- Packed with big, rich pumpkin bread flavor.
- A sweet, but nutrient dense loaf.
- Perfectly cozy and comforting for fall.
- Naturally gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free and refined sugar-free.
How-to Make Teff Flour Pumpkin Bread
Be certain to the let the loaf cool completely before slicing it. I know how hard it can be to wait, especially with the smell of delicious warming spices wafting through the air! But, you run the risk of a wet loaf if you slice too soon, as the bread sets as it cools.
Can I use a different flour for this gluten free pumpkin bread?
This recipe was only tested with teff flour specifically. I do think a gluten-free all purpose blend would likely work, but I have not tested it to be certain. If you try another flour, I would love to hear about it in the comments!
How do I store this bread?
This bread keeps at room temperature lightly covered for about 36 hours. Any longer, then I recommend storing slices of the bread in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Can I use a different sugar or sweetener in this recipe?
Yes. You can use any granulated or liquid sweetener you prefer. This bread works well with honey or maple syrup completely or one part liquid sweetener and one part granulated sweetener.
More Delicious Gluten-Free Bread Recipes
Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread made with Teff Flour
- 2 cups teff flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar or sugar of choice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon psyllium husk powder See Notes
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk of choice we like to use oat milk
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or any vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x5 or 8x4 loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the teff flour, sugar, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon nutmeg, baking soda, psyllium husk (if using), and salt. Mix well.
- In another bowl combine the pumpkin, milk, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Whisk until smoothly combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Smooth the top with a wet spatula.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until the outside is firm and a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool completely (about 1 hour), before slicing and serving. Enjoy!