Last Updated on
A luscious triple berry filling atop a crisp crust & topped with a delightful coconut crumble makes for one easy, healthy and delicious gluten-free and vegan dessert!
This summer dish is only a tad sweet, making it a great healthy dessert, or as I like to eat it – as a hearty & delicious breakfast!
Raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries mingle with almond, oat, and coconut flavors — bringing you a wonderful and refreshing crumble pie with depth of flavor and texture!
This Triple Berry Crumble Pie is:
Slightly sweet, slightly tart — perfectly luscious.
Easy to make.
Full of beautiful warm, fruity flavor + pleasing crisp and tender textures.
Packed with fiber, protein, healthy fats, and antioxidants, making it a wonderfully healthy treat!
Makes a great breakfast, snack or dessert.
Gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free.
Tips for making this Berry Crumble with a Coconut Crust:
Any mix of fresh or frozen berries will work well. Using just one type of berry works beautifully, too.
Alternatively, you can make this delicious crumble pie with peaches, apples or plums, too.
The tapioca starch improves the texture of the berry filling, but in a pinch, can be omitted.
I find nutmeg to be a great accompaniment to berries, but cinnamon and cloves work well, too!
If you are on a gluten-free diet, be certain to use certified gluten-free oats such as these.
If you are not vegan or on a dairy-free diet, melted butter can be used in place of coconut oil if you prefer.
Due to the unique nature of almond flour, I do not recommend replacing it with anything else.
Be sure to press the crust into the pan quite firmly for best results.
This crumble stores well lightly covered at room temperature for 24 hours or in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
This is truly such a delicious, healthy and easy summer dessert that suits a variety of diets and could not be tastier! We love it and we hope you do, too! xo.
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest’s “tried it” feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I’ll share it! Thank you so much! <3
Triple Berry Crumble Pie with Almond Coconut Oat Crust (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
- 2 cups mixed berries fresh or frozen (I used raspberries, blackberries, & strawberries)
- 1 tbs tapioca flour
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Crust & Topping:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut + 1 tsp for topping
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 tbs coconut oil melted
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9″ pie dish or pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine filling ingredients. Toss to coat & then set aside while you prepare the crust/topping.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine all dry crust/toppingingredients, stir until uniformly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut oil & maple syrup, and then whisk to combine.
- Pour your wet crust/topping mix into your dry crust/topping mix. Use your fingers to mix & combine until an even crumble forms.T
- ake 1/2 of your crust/topping mixture and press it into your parchment lined dish to form your crust. Gently press up the sides of your dish as well.
- Pour your berry mixture onto your crust & spread until crust is evenly covered.
- Take your remaining crust/topping mixture & evenly sprinkle on top of your berries. Then, top with 1 tsp coconut.
- Place into your 350°F preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until beginning to turn golden.
- Let cool completely before slicing and serving.