This easy and healthy gluten-free peach cobbler recipe is made with a blend of buckwheat and tapioca flours for a lovely flavor and texture that greatly complements juicy peaches for a heart-warming breakfast, brunch, or dessert! Refined sugar-free with a dairy-free + vegan option!
This soft and fluffy gluten-free peach cobbler is filled with warming spices and decadent flavor! Made with coconut sugar and a blend of buckwheat & tapioca flour, this delicious cobbler is on the healthier-not-too-sweet side of things, making it a great breakfast or dessert!
This Gluten-Free Peach Cobbler is
Soft, moist and fluffy.
Packed with big peach flavor and heart-warming spices.
Super easy to make.
Filled with protein, fiber and healthy fats.
Gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free, with a dairy-free and vegan option.
Ingredients Needed to Make Gluten-Free Peach Cobbler
Fresh or frozen peaches.
Butter or oil.
Egg or flax egg.
Dairy or non-dairy milk.
How to Make Gluten Free Peach Cobbler with Buckwheat Flour
Mix dry ingredients; mix wet ingredients. Combine.
Combine peach mixture.
Place peaches into a pan. Pour batter over peaches.
Step-by-step how-to process shots below:
Top Tips for Making Gluten-Free Peach Cobbler
For Vegan and Dairy-Free options, simply be certain to use coconut oil instead of butter and a flax egg instead of an egg.
Due to the unique properties of buckwheat flour and tapioca flour and for best results, I do not recommend replacing them with other flours. However, though I have not tested it, I do think this recipe might work with a gluten-free all purpose blend if you’re feeling experimental!
Any granulated sugar can be used to replace the coconut sugar if need be.
For a sugar-free cobbler, we love this sugar-free sweetener.
This cobbler tastes best served right away, but can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To re-heat, place in a 350 F oven and heat until warmed throughout.
More Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest's "tried it" feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I'll share it! Thank you so much! <3
Gluten-Free Peach Cobbler with Buckwheat Flour (Vegan)
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons milk of choice (I use unsweetened almond)
- 5 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 egg or flax egg see note below
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peaches 450 grams, sliced and then slices halved
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a cast iron skillet, cake pan or pie dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients (buckwheat flour through cloves). Stir to combine.
- In another bowl, combine milk, oil/butter, and egg/flax egg. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
- In a bowl or pre-prepared pan toss together peaches with maple syrup (or coconut sugar), butter/oil, ginger and salt.
- Place the peaches into pre-prepared pan. Pour batter over peaches.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until top is firm and edges are turning golden.
- Let cool for a few minutes before scooping and serving.
- Enjoy on its own, alongside yogurt, ice cream or dash of coconut cream!