This delicious Gluten Free Apple Cobbler is packed with delightful apple, raspberry & coconut flavors and makes for one flavorful dessert.
As you can probably tell by now, I am quite fond of crisps, crumbles & cobblers. I am always making some variation of these with whatever fruit we have on hand; as we really enjoy having a healthily sweet treat at the end of our busy days in this household.
I also greatly enjoy playing with flavor combinations, and this is one combo I most certainly had to share.
The apples and coconut paired with raspberries makes for one slightly sweet and slightly tangy delight!
Top it with pillowy gluten free cobbler biscuits, and it makes for one satisfyingly filling treat as well.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Texturally delightful — pillowy cobbler biscuits atop a juicy filling!
- Packed with flavor — both sweet + tart.
- Easy to make.
- Versatile and can be enjoyed as a breakfast, snack or healthy dessert.
- Hearty and filling.
- Packed with healthy, wholesome ingredients.
- Gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free, refined sugar-free.
- The tapioca starch in the filling can be omitted, it just adds a little bit to the texture.
- Shredded coconut can be used in place of the flaked coconut in the filling.
- Any granulated sweetener can be used in place of coconut sugar in this recipe.
- For a no sugar added version, I’m quite fond of this sugar-free sweetener.
- In a pinch, apple cider vinegar can be used in place of lemon juice throughout the recipe.
- The gluten-free all purpose flour blend I use with this recipe is this one. But any gluten-free all purpose blend should work, either with or without xanthan gum.
- This cobbler can be left out at room temperature for up to 24 hours, or stored in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Simply enjoy as is or re-heat in a 350 F oven until warmed throughout.
More Gluten-Free Vegan Dessert Recipes
If you are looking for a tangy, fruity, sweet, and healthy indulgence that fills you up and makes you feel good – this definitely fits the bill! Enjoy. xo.
Gluten-Free Coconut Raspberry Apple Cobbler (Vegan)
- 2 cups raspberries fresh or frozen
- 1 red apple chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- 1 tsp tapioca starch
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a cast iron skillet or pie dish with butter, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together fruit & coconut filling ingredients. Let sit while you prepare cobbler biscuits.
- In another large mixing bowl combine flour, coconut, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir well.
- Combine milk and lemon juice, stir and let sit.
- To your dry ingredients, add in your oil or chopped butter. Using your hands or a spatula mix and mash until course crumbs form.
- Pour your milk and lemon juice mixture into your cobbler biscuit mixture and knead until you have one uniform mixture that forms a ball easily.
- Pour your fruit/coconut mixture into your greased skillet or dish.
- Take your cobbler biscuit dough ball and break it up into large pieces. Flatten each piece slightly between floured hands and then place each piece on top of your fruit/coconut mixture until evenly covered.
- Sprinkle with coconut sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until top is firm, filling is bubbling and all is beginning to turn golden.
- Let cool a few minutes before serving.