This Gluten-Free Gingerbread Banana Upside Down Cake is super quick and easy to make, and is incredibly delicious with its perfectly spiced gingerbread base topped with sticky caramelized bananas. It makes for one perfect holiday dessert certain to impress the pickiest of guests!
This Upside Down Caramelized Gingerbread Banana Cake is out of this world delicious...
...and what makes it even better? It is ridiculously easy to throw together and bake! (You would never guess with a presentation like this!)
Ooey Gooey caramel glazed bananas top off a gluten-free gingerbread cake in this beautiful and mesmerizingly tasty treat!
It is perfectly: moist, fluffy, spiced, sweet, aromatic and sticky! And, I'm certain you'll agree.
More Recipes You Might Like
Raspberry Gingerbread Chia Seed Crumble Bars
No-Bake Chocolate Covered Tahini Gingerbread Bars
Thick & Chewy Double Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
Gluten-Free Gingerbread Banana Upside Down Cake
Caramelized Banana Layer:
- 3 tbs butter
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- 1 tsp blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 bananas halved and sliced lengthwise
Gluten-Free Gingerbread Cake:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbs milk of choice I use almond
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 2 tbs blackstrap molasses
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cake pan; set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine butter, sugar, molasses, ginger and cinnamon. Whisk until combined and smooth.
- Pour into bottom of greased cake pan in an even layer.
- Arrange banana slices however you would like pressing firmly into caramel layer.
- In a large mixing bowl combine dry cake ingredients almond flour through sea salt. Mix until well combined.
- Gradually stir in wet ingredients milk through vanilla. Whisk vigorously until smooth.
- Stir in spices until just combined.
- Pour cake batter on top of caramelized banana layer.
- Place into preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before serving.
- When ready to serve, gently flip cake pan upside to release cake.
- Slice, and enjoy!
Leave a Reply