Disclaimer: You will find affiliate links for the products I use and love on this blog. I will earn from any purchases you make from these links, but it is at no extra cost to you. I appreciate your support!
These gluten-free thick and chewy double chocolate gingerbread cookies make for the ultimate seasonal indulgence without any of the guilt! These delicious cookies are made with a blend of brown rice and almond flours, a touch of molasses, your favorite chocolate chips, and a bit of cacao powder. They make for some ooey gooey yummy deliciousness that is both big on flavor & out-of-this-world texture!
These delicious gluten-free cookies have just the right amount of gingerbread spice to feel festive and celebratory; and just the right amount of chocolate to feel indulgent, and your sweet tooth satisfied!
The texture is both soft and pillowy, and delightfully chewy. They make for some melt-in-your-mouth holiday yumminess; and with wholesome ingredients to boot!
If you're looking for the perfect gluten-free cookies to share with your loved ones this holiday season, these wonderfully spiced chocolate-y delights will not fail to impress!
Why This Recipe Works
- Easy to make.
- Thick, chewy and delicious.
- Packed with BIG gingerbread flavor.
- Unbelievably gluten-free.
How to Make Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
- Preheat the oven.
- Make the dough.
- Roll into balls
- Flatten into cookies.
These cookies keep lightly covered at room temperature for up to 24 hours. Any longer, refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Gluten Free Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder or cocoa
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3 tbs blackstrap molasses
- 2 tbs milk I use almond
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips semi-sweet or bittersweet
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine dry ingredients brown rice flour through sea salt. Stir to combine.
- In another large mixing bowl combine wet ingredients coconut oil through vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using rounded tablespoon sizes of dough, roll into balls and then using your palm flatten into cookie shapes (shape will not spread or change much while baking).
- Place each cookie onto your cookie sheet with at least 1" space in-between one another.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms and edges are firm.
- Let cool completely before serving.