Last Updated on
An incredibly flavorful coconut curry broth enveloping adzuki beans makes for one filling and healthy meal when served alongside rice or quinoa. This Adzuki Bean Curry is vegan and gluten-free.
By now I’m certain you’ve caught on to my love for curries, but throw in some red adzuki beans (also known as azuki beans) and you’re in for one big nutritional punch of a curry! Adzuki beans are packed with antioxidants, protein, fiber and folate; and they’re mild, nutty flavor really complements the warming spices and creaminess of a curry. I think you’ll find you concur!
Adzuki Bean Curry
- Hearty and comforting.
- Easy to make.
- Perfectly flavorful.
- Makes excellent leftovers or meal prepping food.
- Packed with fiber and protein.
- Vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, no sugar-added, nut-free, soy-free.
How-to Make — Step-by-Step
FAQ — Tips, Tricks and Substitutions
More Curry Recipes You Might Like
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest’s “tried it” feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I’ll share it! Thank you so much! <3
Adzuki Bean Curry
- 2 cups dry adzuki beans soaked overnight or at least 4 hours
- 2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil you can use ghee or butter if not vegan
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger root minced or grated
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes or fresh
- 1 13.5-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- sea salt or pink salt to taste
- Soak adzuki beans in water overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Drain and rinse beans. Set aside.
- In a large pot or skillet over medium heat add oil, garlic and ginger. Saute ginger and garlic for 5 minutes or until turning golden.
- Add tomatoes, coconut milk, cumin, coriander, turmeric, red chili flakes, and adzuki beans. Turn heat to high, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to med-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and lime juice. Salt to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!