Last Updated on
A super flavorful, easy and healthy gluten-free & vegan Spicy Kale and Potato Curry! This Indian side dish, also know as aloo kale, is sure to make your taste buds happy!
I LOVE Indian food. And, I LOVE spicy food.
So, you will find that this spinach & potato (a.k.a. aloo kale) curry is greatly inspired by my love for the spicy Indian dishes I consider my near & dear comfort food.
Easy to make & divinely delicious…with healthy & wholesome ingredients, this curry will quickly make its way into your dinner rotation!
Great served alongside some brown basmati rice, or gluten free naan bread, and makes a superb leftover, if I must say so myself!
This Potato and Kale Curry is
Hearty, filling and healthy.
Quick and easy to make.
Great for meal prepping. It makes excellent leftovers!
Creamy and comforting.
Versatile, and accompanies a variety of other dishes.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, soy-free, nut-free and sugar-free.
More Vegan Curry Recipes You Might Enjoy
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest’s “tried it” feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I’ll share it! Thank you so much! <3
- 2 large (or 4 small) potatoes of choice
- 4 tbs coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp coriander, freshly ground
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 2 1/2 cups kale, chopped (I use frozen, fresh will work too)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Peel, dice, rinse & drain potatoes. Set aside.
- In a large pot, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add onions & saute until beginning to brown. Add minced garlic & cook about one minute longer.
- Add potatoes, coriander, turmeric, cumin and cayenne. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Add water just until potatoes are covered.
- Cover pot & cook for 15 minutes, or until you can pierce potatoes with a fork.
- Add chopped kale, cover & cook until kale is tender.
- Uncover, add salt, and cook until curry is desired dryness (turning to high to evaporate water quicker if need be). I prefer a little bit of water left, as it tastes delicious when served alongside & soaked up by rice or other grains.
- Let cool a few minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 603mg Carbohydrates: 9g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g