Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income through affiliate links at no extra cost to you.
A super creamy, healthy, easy, filling and delicious Coconut Chickpea Curry recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to make. This flavorful Indian dish is vegan, gluten-free, and makes amazing leftovers perfect for lunch or dinner! With garden greens and lighter notes, this flavorful curry makes a wonderful Spring or Summer meal.
This beautiful & delicious curry is chock full of creamy coconut flavor!
It is easy to prepare, full of protein and nutrients, and so incredibly tasty.
If you are looking for a hearty, healthy, and filling dish that is also big on flavor -- this is it!
- Hearty and filling.
- Rich and flavorful.
- Super creamy curry sauce.
- Full of fiber and protein.
- Super quick and easy to make.
- Versatile and can be enjoyed on its own or alongside other dishes.
- Gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free, and sugar-free.
How to Make Coconut Chickpea Curry
- Saute onion and garlic.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
Top Tips for Making Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Olive, grapeseed or avocado oil can be used in place of coconut oil — I just think yet another hit of coconut is nice!
- Fresh cilantro can be used in place of dried — about 1/4 cup.
- Coconut flour is optional, but really elevates this dish and makes it stand apart. The coconut flour adds to both texture and flavor, but in a pinch, it can be omitted.
- This dish tastes great served over rice or quinoa, served alongside some naan bread, in a wrap or simply on its own!
- Chickpea curry can be stored in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to one week. To re-heat simply place in a pot over medium-low heat and cook until warmed throughout.
More Vegan Curry Recipes
Coconut Chickpea Curry
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 2 cups chickpeas cooked
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cilantro dried
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup mixed greens packed
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, saute onion & garlic in coconut oil for 5-10 minutes, or until onion is translucent & beginning to turn golden.
- Toss in your spices & cook for 2 minutes longer.
- Add coconut flour, shredded coconut, chickpeas and coconut milk.
- Turn heat up to high, bring to a boil, stir well, cover & lower heat to simmer.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Toss in your greens & let wilt.
- Remove from heat & let stand a few minutes before serving.
- Best served over a bed of brown basmati rice.