Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income through affiliate links at no extra cost to you.
This Gluten-Free Banana Cake is super healthy, simple, delicious and free of refined sugar! Dairy-free, too!
I threw this delightful little cake together in celebration of my little one turning 18 months old.
I wanted something without refined sugar, relatively healthy, and with one of his favorite flavors (banana!).
I was incredibly happy with how it turned out! Moist, fluffy, and with an almost sponge-like texture. The flavor has just the right amount of banana, a slight touch of cinnamon, and only a subtle bit of sweetness. It is perfect!
Being that it is not overpoweringly sweet, we ate the leftovers for breakfast. It is ridiculously good! (And, so very easy to make!)
A decadent, yet guilt-free treat . . .
If you are looking for a healthy dessert or a slightly sweet breakfast option, with only simple wholesome ingredients -- this will not disappoint!
💭 Top Tips
I do not recommend replacing almond flour, but the tapioca flour can be replaced with any starch of choice (arrowroot, potato, etc.).
Vegan or Egg-Free Option
You can replace the eggs with 3 flax or chia eggs. Use one 3 tablespoons of ground flaxseed or chia seeds and 1/2 cup water to replace the eggs.
🍌 More Gluten-Free Banana Recipes
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest's "tried it" feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I'll share it! Thank you so much! <3
Gluten-Free Banana Cake
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 3 eggs beaten
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8" cake pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift dry ingredients together.
- In another bowl, whisk wet ingredients together until smooth.
- Combine wet & dry ingredients, stirring until just mixed. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Pour cake batter into your parchment lined cake pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until firm and golden.
- Let cool before slicing.