Super crispy, easy, and delicious Gluten-Free Baked Garlic Parmesan Broccoli Bites! These little bites are like little tater tots bursting with healthy flavors and ingredients! They make a great appetizer, snack or meal!
I threw these little bites together for my little one when I was looking for a way to sneak a little broccoli into his diet (and the kid loves garlic)--these were a winner!
Crispy, nutritious, and the perfect size for little hands (or big hands ready to dip)!
- Easy and fun to make.
- Bursting with flavor and nutrition.
- Easy for little hands to hold.
- Gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free.
Top Tips and FAQ
Cheese: Parmesan is our personal taste preference here, but feel free to swap out the parmesan for your cheese of choice.
Can I make these vegan?
Yes! You can swap out the cheese for a vegan variety and use 1 flax egg in place of a regular egg. To make a flax egg, mix 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed in 3 tablespoons of warm water and let sit for 5 minutes before incorporating in this recipe.
Shaping the tots: If you have any issues shaping the tots or with the batter sticking to your hands, simply wet your hands before handling the batter.
How do I store these tots?
You can store these in air tight containers in the fridge for up to one week and in the freezer for up to 4 months. Simple reheat in a 400F oven until warmed throughout.
More Delicious Finger Foods
White Cheddar Quinoa Bites with Buffalo Sauce
Gluten-Free Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
This recipe can also be found in my cookbook, The Vegetarian Family Cookbook:
Baked Broccoli Tots (Gluten-Free)
- 2 cups broccoli fresh or frozen
- 1 egg beaten
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/3 cup parmesan shredded
- 3/4 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Blanch uncooked broccoli by throwing into a pot of boiling water for 2 minutes only, then plunging into a bowl of ice cold water. Drain & then finely chop.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your finely chopped broccoli with all of the remaining ingredients, stirring until all is well combined.
- Take an ice cream scooped dollop and shape it in your hands, squeezing with the palm of one hand, while simultaneously rotating and flattening the ends with the thumb & index finger of your other hand...forming a cylinder shaped bite. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Place your bites on your parchment lined cookie sheet & bake for 22 minutes, or until desired golden crispiness, flipping halfway through cooking time.
- Great on its own or served with a favorite condiment.
Leave a Reply