Incredibly quick and easy 5-Ingredient Baked Garlic Pepper Polenta Fries! This vegan gluten-free snack or appetizer is full of healthy and crispy deliciousness!
These crispy & chewy fries are not only easy to make, they are
amazingly delicious as well. The combination of textures & flavors are such a delight to the senses!
You may just find yourself replacing your standard potato fare with these beauties (I know I did!)...
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Healthy, filling and satisfying.
- Crispy and texturally delightful.
- With the use of pre-prepared polenta, these delicious fries are super easy to make!
- Gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free, sugar-free.
- Alternatively, you can slice the pre-prepared polenta into any shape of your choosing before baking. Sometimes I slice it into cubes to make Polenta Croutons!
- Coconut and avocado oil work well as an alternative to olive oil, if preferred.
- The combo of black pepper & garlic make such a divine combo, but you can certainly toss the polenta with any spices of your choosing before baking!
- These fries are quite neutral in flavor, versatile and accommodate a variety entrees and condiments. I highly recommend experimentation!
- These store well in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. Reheat in a 400 degree oven until warmed throughout.
More Gluten-Free Snack & Appetizer Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Turmeric + Fennel Seed Crackers
Baked Garlic-Parmesan Broccoli Bites
Gluten-Free 'Cheez-It' Cheese Crackers
Easy Baked Vegan Gluten-Free Samosas
If you make these easy and delicious Baked Polenta Fries, I would love to hear about it! Enjoy. xo.
Baked Garlic Pepper Polenta Fries (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
- 1 18 oz tube of pre-prepared polenta
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Cut your polenta in half width-wise. Halve each half length-wise. Then, cut each fourth into thirds length-wise. Finally, slice each third length-wise into 3-5 fries.
- Place your fries in a single layer on your parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with seasonings and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove & flip fries.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes or until desired crispness is achieved.
- Serve alone, or with a favorite condiment (I like marinara).
Hi! I'd love to make this but would be making my own polenta - any thoughts on that? Any direction? My upstairs neighbour is vegan and I'm gluten free (celiac). We're so happy to find someone else with food/diet requirements and we're challenging each other with delicious recipes. Will be pleased to review once enjoyed.
Kristen Wood says
Hi! Thanks for stopping by. 🙂 Yes, you can most certainly do that! You would need to cook around 1 cup of dry polenta according to package instructions, then you will pour it into a square baking pan and pop it into the fridge for about 1 hour or until the polenta has solidified considerably. Then you can cut it into fries and make according to the recipe instructions here. I hope this helps and I hope you enjoy!