These quick and easy refrigerator pickles are super simple to make, healthy and satisfying, and filled to the brim with rich, spicy flavors! Gluten-free, vegan, refined sugar-free, too!
These spicy refrigerator pickles could not be EASIER to make! You simply slice some cucumbers, pack them in jar, heat up a flavorful brine, pour over the cucumbers, and throw in the fridge. Easy peasy! And, DELICIOUS.
These Spicy Pickles are:
Super simple, quick, and easy to make!
Much better tasting than store bought pickles!
Made WITHOUT Dill – and not one ounce less flavorsome for doing so!
Filled with loads of flavor. Tangy, zippy, spicy, tart, sweet, garlicky, salty and everything in-between. They are simply put: yummy!
Nutritious and filled with, vitamin K, prebiotics (fiber that feeds the good bacteria in your gut!! and healthy acids that promote gut health.
Vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free, refined sugar-free.
What to serve Refrigerator Pickles with:
Chickpea & Avocado Salad With A Spiced Orange Vinaigrette Dressing (Gluten-Free, Vegan Option)
What’s needed to make Easy Refrigerator Pickles?
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest’s “tried it” feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I’ll share it! Thank you so much! <3
- Slice the cucumbers and smash the garlic.
- Place the garlic in the bottom of a pint-sized jar.
- Pack the cucumbers (vertically) into the jar on top of the garlic. You want to place them so they are snugly fit and will not rise when brine is added.
- Sprinkle chili flakes into the jar.
- In a sauce pan over low heat combine water, vinegar, salt and sugar.
- Heat, while stirring, just until salt and sugar are dissolved.
- Pour this brine over your packed cucumbers in the jar until they are just covered.
- Let sit uncovered for 10-15 minutes, or until jar is only slightly warm to touch.
- Screw a lid on tightly and place in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours before serving.