Disclaimer: You will find affiliate links for the products I use and love on this blog. I will earn from any purchases you make from these links, but it is at no extra cost to you. I appreciate your support!
These easy, healthy, and delicious Baked Spring Pea and Dill Fritters with Lemon Tahini Sauce make a great gluten-free & vegan appetizer, snack, or meal!
Healthy Gluten-Free & Vegan Baked Pea Fritters with a touch of garlic and dill served alongside a creamy and delicious Lemon Tahini Sauce . . .
Fritters are a staple in our household. Whether baked or pan-fried, fritters are versatile and great for little hands to hold and eat (a plus for us!).
I created these delicious baked fritters in the spirit of Spring . . .
These Baked Pea Fritters are drizzled in a creamy Lemon Tahini Sauce, and they are:
- Vibrant and Healthy
- High in Protein
- Easy to Make
- and TASTY
If you're looking for a filling appetizer, snack or meal that is healthy AND delicious, look no further. These Spring Pea Fritters w/ Lemon Tahini Sauce fit the bill and more!
- On their own.
- Alongside a favorite condiment or dipping sauce.
- Atop salads.
- Sandwich-style between bread or buns.
- On top of rice or quinoa.
- As a side dish to accompany a protein.
Gluten-Free Spring Pea Fritters with Lemon Tahini Sauce
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen peas steamed
- 1 cup chickpea flour also known as garbanzo bean flour
- 1/4 cup polenta or coarsely ground cornmeal
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3/4 tsp dried dill weed
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
Lemon Tahini Sauce
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs tahini
- 1 tbs almond milk or water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl combine all fritter ingredients (peas through garlic powder). Mix and mash until evenly combined.
- Form batter into approximately 10 fritter patties. Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Flip each fritter. Bake for 12 minutes longer.
- While fritters are baking, combine all tahini sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Let fritters cool before serving alongside lemon tahini sauce.