Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income through affiliate links at no extra cost to you.
This post is sponsored by Torani. All opinions expressed are my own.
A perfectly sweet and subtly spicy iced tea refresher with juicy blueberries and flavorful ginger, brought to life with Torani's amazing new Puremade Black Sugar Syrup. Naturally vegan & gluten-free.
Nothing quite hits the spot like a cool, refreshing drink come summertime—wouldn't you agree? Enter this delicious iced tea refresher featuring Torani Puremade Black Sugar Syrup. You get a bit of spice, a touch of fruitiness, and the perfect amount of rich, earthy sweetness to tie it all together.
Why You'll Love It
- Super easy to make.
- Cool and refreshing.
- Rich and flavorful.
- Naturally vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free and nut-free.
Torani Puremade Black Sugar Syrup
- No artificial flavors.
- No artificial preservatives.
- Colors from natural sources.
- An earthy sweetness and caramelized flavor with hints of molasses.
Step 1: Simmer the ginger root in water to make ginger tea. Let cool.
Step 2: Muddle the blueberries and Torani Puremade Black Sugar Syrup in a tall glass. Add ice and the strained, cooled ginger tea.
Step 3: Enjoy!
FAQ + Top Tips
Can I use ground powdered ginger instead of fresh?
Yes! Use 2 teaspoons of ground ginger instead of the fresh ginger root. Prepare it the same way by boiling and straining.
Can I make this ahead of time and store?
You can prepare the ginger tea ahead of time. Store the cooled tea in the refrigerator in a covered container for up to one week. When ready to serve, prepare as instructed in the recipe card.
Can I use fresh blueberries instead of frozen?
Yes. Frozen blueberries add additional refreshing iciness to this drink, but fresh can be used in a pinch!
More Delicious Drink Recipes
Iced Blueberry Ginger Tea Refresher
- 2 cups water
- 2 inch knob fresh ginger root sliced
- 2 tablespoons frozen wild or regular blueberries or fresh
- 1/4 cup Torani Puremade Black Sugar Syrup
- fresh basil optional garnish
- In a saucepan over high heat add the water and sliced ginger root. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once the ginger tea has finished simmering, remove the saucepan from the heat, remove the lid and allow the tea to cool for at least ten minutes. Once cool, strain the ginger root, reserving the ginger tea.
- Meanwhile, divide the blueberries between two glasses. Drizzle Torani Puremade Black Sugar Syrup over the blueberries. Muddle the blueberries with the syrup a bit using a muddler or the back of a fork. Fill the glasses with ice, then top off with ginger tea. Optionally, garnish with fresh basil before serving. Enjoy!