An incredibly flavorful, healthy, filling, and comforting Butternut Squash Coconut Curry Noodle Soup! This gluten-free and vegan comfort food dish is big on coconut, curry, and ginger flavors all with a bit of spice. Perfectly tender rice noodles are the perfect accompaniment for this scrumptious and healthy coconut curry broth that you can have ready to devour in only 30 minutes. (Yes, 30 minutes.) You’ll be coming back for seconds! I promise.
Oh me oh my is this good! If you’re fan of coconut and curry flavors, then you are going to LOVE this bowl of delicious comfort . . .
I’m all about comfort food this time of year, and if you can throw in ease and health, then I’m all in!
This bowl is all that and more. . .
A delightful blend of coconut, turmeric, curry, red chili and ginger make up this slurp-worthy broth, and when you throw in rice noodles you have one hearty and filling soup to boot.
It is: super flavorful, slightly spicy, very nutritious, comforting, and quick and easy to make!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Soothing and comforting.
- Filled with rich, delicious flavors, and a touch of spice.
- Quick and easy to make.
- Gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free, and refined sugar-free.
You Might Also Like
I greatly hope you enjoy this easy, healthy and delicious noodle soup recipe! Enjoy. xo.
Butternut Squash Coconut Curry Noodle Soup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 cups butternut squash cubed, fresh or frozen
- 1 can full fat coconut milk + 3 cans water
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 7 oz rice noodles approx. 1/2 package
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- to taste sea salt
- Garnishes: chopped fresh cilantro and freshly shredded carrots
- In a large pot over medium heat add coconut oil, onion and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Stir in spices and sugar. Cook while stirring for 2 minutes.
- Stir in squash. Cook for 1 minute longer.
- Pour in your can of coconut milk, and then fill the can with water, adding 3 cans of water to pot.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Turn heat to high, cover, bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in rice noodles and lemon juice. Salt to taste. Cover, turn off heat and let sit for 10 minutes (or until noodles are tender) before serving.
- Optionally garnish with fresh cilantro and shredded carrots before serving.