Last Updated on
A SUPER quick, easy and tasty Spicy Pho Broth with Ramen Noodles. This delight takes only about 10 minutes to throw together, but tastes like it took a few hours! Vegan and gluten-free.
This is one of those dishes I threw together when I needed a super quick and easy meal and didn’t expect to be mind-blowing or anything, but my goodness, I was smitten at first bite and knew I needed to get it on the blog ASAP! I’ve since made this several times and it truly makes for one flavorful and comforting meal.
- Super quick and easy to make.
- Made with only a handful of convenient ingredients.
- Rich and flavorful with a touch of spice.
- Versatile and can be topped however you prefer.
- Vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free, and soy-free.
- Water or broth: This forms the base of any good pho and the additional ingredients add the bulk of the flavor. Water works beautifully, or if you have a favorite veggie broth, that works well too!
- Sriracha sauce: Sriracha adds a nice touch of spicy heat, as well as a boost of sweetness in this pho broth.
- Coconut aminos: This not only adds a beautiful silkiness to the broth, but also a wonderful umami flavor that greatly complements the other ingredients in this recipe.
- Garlic powder: Garlic paired with sriracha is a match made in heaven and really just rounds all the flavors out beautifully.
- Salt: Salt is what pulls all the beautiful flavors through into their full glory. You can control just how subtle or rich this pho is based upon how much salt you choose to add.
- Ramen noodles: Ramen noodles simply taste amazing in this broth. While regular rice noodles are more commonly used in pho, I just knew I had to share this particular recipe ramen-style.
- Fresh cilantro: This adds the perfect sprinkle of freshness and vibrancy, as well as a nice nutritional punch.
- Avocado: You might be asking “Avocado? Really?” but yes, avocado! It is a-m-a-z-i-n-g simply sliced straight into a bowl of piping hot pho. Trust me!
How-to Make — Step by Step
FAQs — Top Tips & Substitutions
More Noodle Recipes
- Sesame Noodles (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Nut-Free, Soy-Free)
- Butternut Squash Coconut Curry Rice Noodle Soup
- Vegan Ramen
- Creamy Vegan Sesame Ramen
- Instant Pot Sticky Maple Ginger Rice Noodles (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest’s “tried it” feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I’ll share it! Thank you so much! <3
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine water/broth, sriracha, coconut aminos, and garlic powder. Stir well.
- Bring all to a boil then add the ramen noodle cake, reduce heat to a simmer, and then simmer according to package directions.
- When noodles are tender turn off the heat and salt to taste (I used approximately 3/4 teaspoon). Stir in chopped cilantro. Served with diced avocado.