An easy, healthy, and deliciously creamy Vegan Ramen recipe made with a rich broth and gluten-free ramen noodles. This cozy vegetarian ramen bowl hits all the marks when it comes to true comfort food! Gluten-free & soy-free.
In the thick of winter I crave all the warm comfort food I can get, and this Vegan Ramen satisfies my cravings in a pinch! These cozy noodles are my vegan take on traditional ramen, without the use of soy, meat or gluten/wheat. I hope you find this comforting ramen dish as rich and satisfying as we do! xo.
- Vegan Ramen
- What ingredients are needed to make Vegan Ramen?
- How-to Make Vegetarian Ramen - Step by Step
- Common Recipe Questions
- Top Tips for Making Vegetarian Ramen
- More Gluten-Free Vegan Noodle Recipes
- Vegan Ramen (Gluten-Free)
These Vegan Ramen Noodles are:
- Easy to make.
- Rich and creamy with a hearty umami mushroom base.
- Versatile, and easily customized with your choice of toppings.
- Vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free, and sugar-free.
What ingredients are needed to make Vegan Ramen?
- Oil, onion, garlic, ginger.
- Water or stock.
- Dried shiitake mushrooms.
- Desired ramen toppings. I like broccoli, sliced peppers, and hemp seeds.
Please note: for full recipe ingredients and amounts scroll down to the recipe card towards the bottom of this post.
How-to Make Vegetarian Ramen - Step by Step
- Saute onion, garlic and ginger in oil.
2. Add broth and mushrooms. Simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Prepare toppings.
4. Prepare ramen noodles.
5. Turn off heat and stir in tahini and mirin. Salt to taste.
6. Add pre-cooked ramen noodles to a bowl.
7. Cover with ramen broth.
8. Top, and enjoy!
Common Recipe Questions
Can I omit or replace the mushrooms in this ramen recipe?
Can I omit the mirin or replace it with something else?
Top Tips for Making Vegetarian Ramen
Dried mushrooms produce a richer, more flavorful broth with stronger umami notes than fresh mushrooms, so I do not recommend replacing them with fresh.
We like to lightly boil broccoli and sliced sweet bell peppers to top off our ramen alongside some hemp seeds and a drizzle of sriracha. Other toppings we recommend: any raw or cooked veggies, sesame seeds, tofu, a drizzle of sesame oil or coconut aminos, tempeh, crushed nori seaweed, gomasio, kimchi or sauerkraut.
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest’s “tried it” feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I’ll share it! Thank you so much! <3
Vegan Ramen (Gluten-Free)
- 1 tablespoon avocado or grapeseed oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh or dried ginger root minced
- 8 cups vegetable broth or water 1900 ml
- 12 dried whole shiitake mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon mirin rice wine
- sea salt or pink salt to taste
- 4 ramen noodle cakes approx. 10 oz dried ramen noodles (280 grams)
- desired toppings
- Heat oil in a large pot or stock pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and ginger. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add broth or water and dried mushrooms to the pot. Bring to a boil. Cover, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- While the broth is simmering, prepare ramen noodles according to package directions, as well as prepare any topping you would like for your ramen.
- Turn off heat, then stir in tahini and mirin. Salt to taste.
- Add cooked ramen noodles to a bowl then ladle hot broth into the bowl until ramen noodles are just covered. Top with desired toppings.