Last Updated on
This quick & easy autumn-inspired vegan ramen bowl is filled with nutritious and delicious butternut squash for a creamy texture and comforting flavor. Whether using rice, traditional ramen, or miracle a.k.a. shirataki noodles, this gluten-free vegan ramen dish can be made in an Instant Pot pressure cooker or on the stovetop for a super healthy and delicious noodle bowl of goodness!
This creamy, comforting vegan ramen bowl is filled with heartwarming spices for a soothing take on ramen that suits a wide variety of toppings of choice. Bonus: you can quickly make it on the stovetop or Instant Pot for ease and convenience!
This Vegan Ramen Recipe is
Creamy, soothing and comforting.
Slightly spicy with warm spice notes.
Versatile, allowing for a wide variety of toppings and your choice of noodles.
Super quick and easy to make.
Reheats well for the perfect leftovers or meal prep idea.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, nut-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free.
Ingredients Needed to Make Butternut Squash Ramen
Water or broth.
Apple cider vinegar.
Vegan Instant Pot Ramen Topping Ideas
Any variety of raw or cooked vegetables — mushrooms, broccoli, tofu, green beans, sweet potatoes, onion, peppers, cabbage, radish, kale, spinach, peas, etc.
Any variety of fresh herbs — basil, mint, cilantro, dill, rosemary, etc.
Any protein of choice — we like nuts, seeds and/or tofu.
Tips for Making Butternut Squash Vegan Ramen Bowl
This Instant Pot ramen recipe also works great with acorn squash as a substitute for the butternut squash. Acorn squash lends a slightly nuttier flavor.
The whole cloves can be removed before serving your ramen bowl, if you would prefer. The cloves infuse the broth with flavor and turn quite soft after being cooked.
I really like the pungency of red onion in this broth, but white or yellow onion can be used in a pinch!
Avocado or sunflower seed oil works well as a replacement for the coconut oil if you would prefer.
See the ‘Topping Ideas’ section above in this post for topping suggestions for this ramen recipe. The sky’s the limit!
This vegan ramen recipe stores well in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Store the broth and the noodles separately.
To reheat and serve: heat the broth in a pot on the stovetop over medium heat until warmed throughout. Pour broth over prepared noodles and top as you wish.
More Vegan Noodle Recipes
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest’s “tried it” feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I’ll share it! Thank you so much! <3
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- sea salt or pink salt, to taste
- 1 package noodles of choice, pre-preprared according to package instrutions (7-10 oz)
- toppings of choice (see suggestions in post above)
Instant Pot Instructions
Press the saute function button on the Instant Pot pressure cooker. Add coconut oil, onion and whole cloves to the pot. Saute for 5 minutes, or until onions are turning translucent. Press cancel button.
- Add butternut squash, water/broth and spices. Place lid on Instant Pot, set vent to the sealing position. Cook on manual high pressure for 6 minutes.
- Release pressure after 5 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar or lemon juice.
- Using an immersion blender or a blender, blend contents of pot until smooth.
- Salt to taste.
- Place pre-prepared noodles in a bowl. Cover with butternut squash broth, top off with toppings of choice. Enjoy!
Heat oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Saute onion and cloves in oil.
- Pour in broth/water, butternut squash, and spices.
- Turn heat to high, bring to a boil, cover, reduce to simmer.
- Simmer for 7-11 minutes or until the squash is fork-tender.
- Blend until smooth. Add vinegar or lemon juice.
- Salt to taste.
- Pour over pre-prepared noodles and top as you desire.
Please see the 'Tips' section above in post for valuable information.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 964mg Carbohydrates: 20g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g