This post was sponsored by Earth Echo. All opinions expressed are my own.
These gluten-free vegan chocolate s’more cookies have double the chocolate thanks to Earth Echo Cacao Bliss. Experience the nostalgia of campfire s’mores in a delightful cookie form in this easy plant-based recipe.
❤️ Why You Will Love This Recipe
🍫 Earth Echo Cacao Bliss
Earth Echo Cacao Bliss Superfood Elixir Blend makes for a delicious and nutritious way to satisfy your chocolate cravings, minus any harmful ingredients. It is 100% organic and suitable for a large variety of diets. This tasty blend contains additional superfoods like turmeric, lucuma, and MCT oil powder. Additionally, Earth Echo is an eco-conscious company rooted in sustainable practices. Get 15% off now with coupon code: YUM!
🍪 Ingredients and Substitutes
Gluten-free flour: A good gluten-free all-purpose blend with the addition of xanthan gum ensures a delicious texture for these gluten-free s’mores cookies. If you are not gluten-free, you can substitute it with regular all-purpose flour.
Earth Echo Cacao Bliss: Earth Echo Cacao Bliss is a fantastic addition to these cookies as it adds a rich and intense chocolate flavor. Plus, it’s packed with nutrients and antioxidants, making these treats even more indulgent.
Graham Crackers: Crushed graham crackers provide a delightful classic s’more flavor to the cookies. I use my own personal recipe for gluten-free vegan graham crackers, but you can also find them in stores such as Whole Foods, Natural Grocers, and Sprouts.
Baking soda and salt: Baking soda and salt are essential for achieving the perfect texture and balanced flavor in these cookies. Baking soda helps with the rise and salt enhances the overall taste. There are no direct substitutions for baking soda, but you can use gluten-free baking powder if that’s what you have on hand.
Coconut sugar: Coconut sugar is a natural sweetener that adds a subtle caramel-like flavor to these cookies. It complements the chocolate and other ingredients beautifully. Having said that, brown sugar or regular white sugar will also work well.
Agave syrup: Agave syrup acts as a vegan-friendly liquid sweetener in this recipe, providing moisture and a touch of sweetness. If you don’t have agave syrup, you can use maple syrup, brown rice syrup, or any other liquid sweetener of your choice.
Almond extract: Almond extract gives these cookies a lovely hint of nuttiness, enhancing the overall flavor profile. If you aren’t a fan of the flavor of almond extract, you can substitute it with vanilla extract instead.
Butter or oil: The choice between butter or oil in this recipe allows you to customize the cookies based on your dietary preferences. Butter adds richness, while oil provides moisture. For a vegan version, use plant-based butter or coconut oil.
Chocolate chips: Chocolate chips are a must-have in these chocolate s’mores cookies. They melt beautifully and create pockets of gooey chocolate goodness. Use the kind of chocolate you like best!
Mini marshmallows: Mini vegan marshmallows are the crowning glory of these s’mores cookies, adding a delightful chewiness and an authentic s’mores experience. If you can’t find Vegan Marshmallows, you can cut regular-sized marshmallows into smaller pieces. If you are not vegan, feel free to use regular marshmallows instead.
🥣 How to Make S’mores Cookies
- Start by preheating the oven and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, then mix well.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Roll the batter into rounded tablespoons and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the cookies are firm and the marshmallows are just turning golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely, about 10 minutes, before serving them.
💭 Top Tip
Be certain to allow the cookies to cool and set for at least ten minutes before digging in. Due to the marshmallows and chocolate chips, they will be ooey gooey while still warm, and cooling the cookies ensures they are easier to handle and hold as a cookie. If you don’t mind ooey gooey, by all means, dig in!
🗒️ More Delicious Cookie Recipes
Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate S’mores Cookies
- 1 ¼ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour use a blend that contains xanthan gum
- ½ cup Earth Echo Cacao Bliss
- ¼ cup gluten-free vegan graham crackers finely crushed
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or other granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup agave syrup or other liquid sweetener
- ½ cup melted butter or oil plant-based butter, regular butter or coconut oil work well
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla extract if you are not a fan of almond
- ¾ cup vegan mini marshmallows
- ½ cup chocolate chips of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, Earth Echo Cacao Bliss, crushed graham crackers, sugar, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- To the mixed dry ingredients, add the agave syrup, butter or oil, and almond extract.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until everything is smoothly combined and you have a nice chocolate-colored batter.
- Add the marshmallows and chocolate chips to the batter and gently fold in until incorporated.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of batter onto the prepared baking sheet, keeping one inch between each cookie.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are firm and the marshmallows are beginning to look toasty. Bake the cookies in batches if necessary.
- Allow the cookies to rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.