Last Updated on
This easy recipe for Gluten-Free Graham Crackers is also vegan, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and made with a blend of tapioca and buckwheat flour for a deliciously healthy version of store-bought varieties. Whether for snacking, making a cheesecake crust, s’mores, or simply a healthy treat, this easy and healthy graham crackers recipe is certain to become a household staple in no time!
My kiddos love graham crackers, so I set out to make a healthier and more affordable version of what we purchase from the store. Sweetened only with coconut sugar, these delicious gluten-free graham crackers will satisfy your cravings without an ounce of guilt!
These Gluten-Free Graham Crackers are:
Crunchy and flavorful.
Super easy to make!
Packed with delicious warming spices and easy to find ingredients.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, soy-free, nut-free and refined sugar-free.
Tips for making Gluten-Free Graham Crackers:
Due to the unique nature of buckwheat flour, I do not recommend replacing it with anything else.
The coconut oil can be replaced by melted butter, ghee, or olive oil.
Want to make Sugar-Free Graham Crackers? I like to use this sugar-free sweetener for replacing coconut sugar in baked goods.
Want to make Honey Grahams? Replace the coconut sugar with raw honey.
I do not recommend skipping the refrigeration step, as this is what will make the dough easier to roll out and work with.
I also do not recommend rolling the dough without the use or parchment or wax paper. It is a somewhat sticky dough, and the paper will allow you to roll it out with ease.
You can roll the dough out as thinly or thickly as you would prefer; just keep in mind you may need to cook longer for thicker crackers and for a shorter period of time for thin crackers. Just make sure all is firm, golden and edges are just beginning to brown before removing from the oven.
These gluten-free graham crackers store well in air-tight containers at room temperature for up to 5 days.
What equipment do I need to make Graham Crackers?
More Gluten-Free + Vegan Baking Recipes:
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest’s “tried it” feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I’ll share it! Thank you so much! <3
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 5 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup milk (I use almond, but any dairy or non-dairy milk is fine)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Optional: turbinado sugar for sprinkling on top
- In a large mixing bowl sift together flours, sugar, spices and baking soda. Stir to combine.
- Pour in milk and stir in until thoroughly combined.
- Pour in coconut oil and then using your hands, quickly work the oil into the dough.
- Knead the dough until all is thoroughly combined and you are able to form a uniform ball.
- Cover the dough and place into the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove your dough ball from the refrigerator and place it on your parchment lined pan. Flatten the dough with your hands and then cover with a second sheet of parchment paper.
- Using a rolling pin, gently roll out the dough, making sure it remains between the two sheets of parchment, until the dough is 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
- Slowly peel away the top layer of parchment paper.
- Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, slice the dough into shapes of choice.
- Using a fork, prick the tops of the crackers to create little holes.
- Optionally, sprinkle the tops with a little turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the edges are just beginning to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before breaking along your cut marks and serving.
Please refer to the Tips section above in the post for valuable information.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 44Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g