Easy, quick and delicious Vegan Gluten-Free Shortbread Cookies with Lavender, Ginger and Walnut ! These beautiful little cookies make a great accompaniment to afternoon tea! Gluten-free, vegan, and free of refined sugar.
- Fragrant and flavorful.
- Super easy to make.
- Rich and buttery (without butter!).
- Naturally gluten-free, vegan and refined sugar free.
Step 1: Combine dry ingredients. Combine wet ingredients.
Step 2: Mix wet and dry ingredients together until you have smooth dough.
Step 3: Roll the dough into a log. Wrap and freeze.
Step 4: Slice into cookies. Bake and enjoy!
Tapioca flour: If you do not have tapioca flour on hand, arrowroot starch or corn starch will work well.
Ground ginger: You can swap the ground ginger for freshly grated ginger root. Use 2 teaspoons if you make this swap.
Almond flour: If you have a nut allergy, you can swap the almond flour for oat flour with similar results.
Walnuts: If you have a nut allergy, swap the walnuts for sunflower seeds or omit altogether.
Storing Gluten-Free Shortbread Cookies
These cookies keep well lightly covered at room temperature for up to 24 hours. Any longer, place in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More Delicious Cookie Recipes
Did you enjoy this post? Please share on social media. I appreciate the support!
Gluten Free Shortbread Cookies with Lavender, Ginger, Walnuts (Vegan)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour sifted
- 1/2 cup almond flour sifted
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 tsp culinary grade lavender buds
- 4 tbs coconut oil melted
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. Stir until uniformly mixed.
- In another bowl, combine coconut oil & maple syrup. Whisk well.
- Pour your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients. Stir until you have a smooth (slightly sticky) dough.
- Roll into a log (about 8″ long). Wrap, and then freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Remove your cooled cookie dough from the freezer & unwrap.
- Slice into cookies about 1/4″ thick. (Alternatively, you can slice
- what you would like to make & freeze the rest for later use!)
- Place sliced cookies onto your parchment lined cookie sheet at least 1″ apart – as your cookies will expand a little while baking.
- Bake for 11 minutes, or until the edges are beginning to turn golden.
- Let cool completely before serving.