This post is sponsored by Earth Echo. All opinions expressed are my own.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- It’s a super easy one-bowl baking recipe.
- Double the chocolate, double the fun!
- Packed with nutritious superfoods and probiotics thanks to Earth Echo Cacao Bliss and Vitality Chocolate Bliss Bites.
- These delicious cookies have a fragrant and tasty gingerbread spice blend that pairs beautifully with the chocolate flavors.
- Thick, chewy, almost brownie-like texture.
- Naturally gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free, and refined sugar-free.
Earth Echo Cacao Bliss and Vitality Chocolate Bliss Bites
Earth Echo Cacao Bliss Superfood Blend and Earth Echo Vitality Chocolate Bliss Bites are both a healthy and guilt-free way to satisfy your chocolate cravings, minus any harmful ingredients. They are 100% organic and suitable for a wide range of dietary preferences. Bonus: Earth Echo is an eco-conscious company rooted in sustainable practices. Get 15% off now with coupon code: YUM!
Ingredients and Substitutes
GF flour: Use a blend with xanthan gum included for best results.
Earth Echo Cacao Bliss and Vitality Chocolate Bliss Bites: All of the chocolate flavor and superfood powers come from these two ingredients.
Gingerbread spices: A blend of ginger, nutmeg, and cloves adds big flavor.
Coconut sugar: I love to use coconut sugar to keep these cookies refined sugar-free, but feel free to swap it out for any granulated sweetener you prefer.
Coconut oil: Coconut oil adds moisture and texture. You can use unrefined or refined coconut oil. If you cannot have coconut oil, use avocado oil instead.
Molasses: Molasses is a traditional addition to anything gingerbread and this recipe is no exception.
Milk: I like to use oat milk, but feel free to use any conventional or plant-based milk you prefer.
Ground flaxseeds: A touch of ground flaxseeds acts as a binding agent. If you are not vegan, you can use 1 egg instead.
Vanilla extract: Vanilla simply enhances the chocolate flavors. If you do not have any on hand, it’s okay to omit it.
I created this recipe to be a thick and chewy cookie with a satisfying texture and big chocolate and gingerbread flavors. If you are not a fan of thick cookies, you can make 16 small rounds of dough and cook for 10 minutes instead.
More Delicious Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes
Thick and Chewy Double Chocolate Chunk Gingerbread Cookies
- 1 ½ cup gluten-free all purpose flour blend with xanthan gum
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar or any granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Earth Echo Cacao Bliss
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut oil melted, refined or unrefined
- ¼ cup milk of choice I like to use oat milk
- 2 tablespoons blackstraps molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Earth Echo Vitality Chocolate Bliss Bites roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, Cacao Bliss, flaxseed, ginger, baking powder, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Mix well.
- To the same bowl, add the melted coconut oil, milk, molasses and vanilla. Mix until smoothly combined.
- Fold in the chopped Chocolate Bliss Bites.
- Using you hands, form the cookie dough into 8 rounds. Place the rounds on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet, then flatten the rounds with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the bottoms and edges of the cookies are firm.