Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income through affiliate links at no extra cost to you.
This post is sponsored by Earth Echo. All opinions expressed are my own.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- It's a super easy one-bowl baking recipe.
- Double the chocolate, double the fun!
- Packed with nutritious superfoods and probiotics thanks to Earth Echo Cacao Bliss and Vitality Chocolate Bliss Bites.
- These delicious cookies have a fragrant and tasty gingerbread spice blend that pairs beautifully with the chocolate flavors.
- Thick, chewy, almost brownie-like texture.
- Naturally gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free, and refined sugar-free.
Earth Echo Cacao Bliss and Vitality Chocolate Bliss Bites
Earth Echo Cacao Bliss Superfood Blend and Earth Echo Vitality Chocolate Bliss Bites are both a healthy and guilt-free way to satisfy your chocolate cravings, minus any harmful ingredients. They are 100% organic and suitable for a wide range of dietary preferences. Bonus: Earth Echo is an eco-conscious company rooted in sustainable practices. Get 15% off now with coupon code: YUM!
Ingredients and Substitutes
GF flour: Use a blend with xanthan gum included for best results.
Earth Echo Cacao Bliss and Vitality Chocolate Bliss Bites: All of the chocolate flavor and superfood powers come from these two ingredients.
Gingerbread spices: A blend of ginger, nutmeg, and cloves adds big flavor.
Coconut sugar: I love to use coconut sugar to keep these cookies refined sugar-free, but feel free to swap it out for any granulated sweetener you prefer.
Coconut oil: Coconut oil adds moisture and texture. You can use unrefined or refined coconut oil. If you cannot have coconut oil, use avocado oil instead.
Molasses: Molasses is a traditional addition to anything gingerbread and this recipe is no exception.
Milk: I like to use oat milk, but feel free to use any conventional or plant-based milk you prefer.
Ground flaxseeds: A touch of ground flaxseeds acts as a binding agent. If you are not vegan, you can use 1 egg instead.
Vanilla extract: Vanilla simply enhances the chocolate flavors. If you do not have any on hand, it's okay to omit it.
I created this recipe to be a thick and chewy cookie with a satisfying texture and big chocolate and gingerbread flavors. If you are not a fan of thick cookies, you can make 16 small rounds of dough and cook for 10 minutes instead.
More Delicious Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes
Thick and Chewy Double Chocolate Chunk Gingerbread Cookies
- 1 ½ cup gluten-free all purpose flour blend with xanthan gum
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar or any granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Earth Echo Cacao Bliss
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut oil melted, refined or unrefined
- ¼ cup milk of choice I like to use oat milk
- 2 tablespoons blackstraps molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Earth Echo Vitality Chocolate Bliss Bites roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, Cacao Bliss, flaxseed, ginger, baking powder, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Mix well.
- To the same bowl, add the melted coconut oil, milk, molasses and vanilla. Mix until smoothly combined.
- Fold in the chopped Chocolate Bliss Bites.
- Using you hands, form the cookie dough into 8 rounds. Place the rounds on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet, then flatten the rounds with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the bottoms and edges of the cookies are firm.