Last Updated on
An easy, delicious and healthy gluten-free Irish Soda bread filled with cranberries and walnuts! Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day or any occasion!
This Gluten-Free Irish Soda Bread is truly one fun, easy, healthy and tasty bread to make and enjoy!
Tips for making Gluten-Free Irish Soda Bread:
- I greatly prefer this gluten-free all purpose flour for making this bread, but feel free to use your own preferred blend.
- The coconut flour can be omitted, but I find it to add great texture and moistness to this loaf.
- The butter can be replaced with melted coconut oil for a Dairy-Free Irish Soda Bread.
- These are the apple juice sweetened cranberries that I like to use in this recipe.
- This Cranberry Walnut Bread keeps well covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
More Gluten-Free Bread Recipes You Might Enjoy:
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest’s “tried it” feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I’ll share it! Thank you so much! <3
Gluten-Free Irish Soda Bread with Cranberries and Walnuts
- 1 cup milk I use almond
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 tbs coconut flour
- 1/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbs coconut sugar optional
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 4 tbs butter melted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries I use no sugar added apple juice-sweetened
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place a parchment paper lined cookie sheet or cake pan into the oven while it is preheating.
- Mix milk & vinegar. Set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients (flour through salt).
- Beat your eggs into the milk & vinegar you set aside.
- Pour butter into dry ingredients, combine well.
- Pour remaining wet ingredients (egg-vinegar-milk mix) into your dry ingredients.
- Add the cranberries & walnuts to your batter & mix until just combined.
- Remove your parchment lined baking sheet/cake pan from the oven.
- Pour the batter onto the parchment, and using a spatula and/or your hands, quickly shape into a rounded dome. Then, using a serrated knife, slice an “X” into the top of batter.
- Place in the oven & bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool before slicing.