Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income through affiliate links at no extra cost to you.
This Instant Pot Golden Milk White Bean Soup makes for one healthy, hearty, comforting and delicious pressure-cooker meal!
Throw in the ease of an Instant Pot and I’m all ears (or spoons!). . .
- Is easy to make
- Requires no prior soaking of the beans
- Can be left as is for a hearty & chunky version or blended for a super creamy version
- Contains all the health benefits of the amazing golden milk
- Is packed with fiber, protein, and iron
- Is gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and DELICIOUS!
I like to blend half of the soup and leave the rest chunky and then top with hemp seeds and a hefty dollop of coconut yogurt. But, you can certainly make it your own — it is wholly versatile! And, if you’re looking for the crème de la crème of ground turmeric, then I cannot recommend Suncore Foods amazing turmeric powder straight from Bolivia enough! It is ridiculously vibrant and flavorful.
The fresher and newer your dried white beans are, the softer and more tender the results will be. If your beans are still tough after cooking, place the lid back and cook at high pressure in 10 minute increments until tender.
More Delicious Soup Recipes
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest's "tried it" feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I'll share it! Thank you so much! <3
Instant Pot Golden Milk White Bean Soup (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 carrots finely chopped
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves grated or minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root grated
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 green cardamom pod freshly ground (or 1/4 teaspoon)
- 2 cups great northern white beans dried
- 6 cups vegetable broth or water
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- sea salt to taste
- Optionally garnish with your favorite dairy or non-dairy yogurt
- Set your Instant Pot to saute mode.
- Add oil and allow to warm up. Add carrots, onion, garlic and ginger root. Saute for 5 minutes while stirring every minute or so until onion is translucent.
- Stir in spices turmeric through cardamom. Press the cancel button.
- Stir in white beans and broth (or water).
- Place lid on, close the vent and set your Instant Pot to 45 minutes manual high-pressure. When finished press cancel, let sit for 10 minutes and then release the pressure.
- Stir in coconut sugar and vinegar and then salt to taste (I like around 2 teaspoons of pink salt).
- Optionally blend half or all the soup in a blender or with an immersion blender before serving.
- Top with your favorite yogurt and enjoy!