A vibrant, healthy, colorful, and fun rainbow bowl recipe drizzled with a golden tahini dressing. This rainbow buddha bowl is bursting with nutrition and is naturally vegan and gluten-free.
❤️ Why You Will Love This Recipe
- This rainbow bowl is fun, colorful, and vibrant.
- This dish is packed to the brim with nutrient-dense, healthy ingredients.
- You can make this buddha bowl your own by switching out the veggies for those you most like.
- You will find a wonderful mix of textures in this bowl.
- This rainbow buddha bowl recipe tastes like freshness in a bowl.
- This recipe is naturally vegan, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free, vegetarian, and gluten-free.
🌿 Ingredient Notes
Quinoa: Cooked quinoa adds protein and makes a meal out of rainbow veggies. You can use white or red quinoa or other grains like brown rice or millet if you prefer.
Fresh vegetables: Carrots, cabbage, cucumber, spinach, bell pepper, radish, avocado, and corn adds all the colors to this rainbow bowl. If you are not a fan of one of these ingredients, feel free to switch out for something you prefer more. Sweet potatoes, beets, cherry tomatoes, red onion slices, and green beans are other good choices.
Sunflower seeds: This adds textural contrast with a little crunch and additional protein and healthy fats. You can swap it out for pumpkin seeds or hemp seeds if you prefer. Roasted chickpeas and hummus are other great choices. If you are not vegan or dairy-free, feta cheese makes a nice choice, too.
Golden Tahini Sauce: An easy homemade golden tahini sauce made with anti-inflammatory turmeric, ties everything together and finishes this bowl off with a pop of flavor and color. If you are not a fan of tahini, romesco sauce or tzatziki sauce are other great choices.
💭 Top Tip
For maximum nutrition and flavor, use organic produce that is vibrant, firm, and crisp for the best results.
🍽️ More Delicious Healthy Recipes
- 3 cups quinoa cooked
- 2 cups carrots shredded or shaved
- 1 ½ cups red cabbage shredded
- 1 ½ cups cucumber sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 red bell pepper sliced or diced
- 6 radishes thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado pitted and sliced
- 1 cup fresh corn or frozen and thawed
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- Golden Tahini Sauce
- Divide the cooked quinoa between 4 bowls.
- Divide the carrots, cabbage, cucumber, spinach, bell pepper, radishes, avocado, corn and sunflower seeds, and place on top of the quinoa in each bowl.
- Drizzle with golden tahini sauce before serving.