These Easy Baked BBQ Cauliflower Wings are made with a blend of sriracha sauce and ketchup for a delightful sweet and spicy kick! These little bites of explosive flavor are gluten-free, vegan, soy-free, nut-free, and dairy-free for a healthy appetizer, side dish, lunch or dinner!
These Sweet and Spicy BBQ Cauliflower Bites are loaded with flavor and pleasing textures for the perfect hearty appetizer, meal, snack or party food idea. You would never know that they are free from several common allergens with the sheer amount of deliciousness these cauliflower wings have!
📋 Recipe Features
- Easy to make, requiring only a handful of simple ingredients.
- Packed with sweet and spicy flavors.
- Hearty and filling.
- Great on their own or served alongside other dishes.
- Texturally delightful.
- Gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free, and optionally refined sugar-free.
🔪 How-to Make
- Preheat oven; dip cauliflower in batter.
- Dip cauliflower in sauce.
Step-by-step how-to process photos here:
💭 Top Tips
- In place of the buckwheat/tapioca flour blend, all purpose gluten-free flour can be used in a pinch!
- It’s important to pat the cauliflower dry after preparing to ensure a crispier cauliflower wing as opposed to a soggy one.
- If you do not like or do not have sriracha on hand, any favorite hot sauce will work with similar results.
- Keep in mind conventional sriracha sometimes has sulfites and other preservatives that those that are gluten-sensitive are sometimes sensitive to as well. We like to use these two sriracha brands for that reason: this one and this one are our faves.
- We also aren’t fans of sickeningly sweet ketchup, and for that reason we love this one sweetened with agave syrup.
- These wings taste best straight out of the oven, but can be stored in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To re-heat and re-crisp, place into a 400 degree oven until warmed throughout.
- These BBQ cauliflower wings are great dipped into a favorite condiment such as ranch (as shown), to top off salads or wraps, or served alongside other side dishes — the possibilities are endless!
🥗 More Vegan Appetizers You Will Love
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest's "tried it" feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I'll share it! Thank you so much! <3
BBQ Cauliflower Wings
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- pinch black pepper
- pinch paprika optional
Sweet + Spicy Sauce
- 1/3 cup sriracha
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon olive or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Cut your head of cauliflower into florets. Rinse and pat dry.
- In a large mixing bowl combine batter ingredients. Whisk until smooth.
- Place your cauliflower florets into the bowl of batter and gently toss until all pieces are coated.
- Using a fork or tongs, lift one floret at a time, shake gently over the bowl to remove excess batter and then place each floret onto the cookie sheet, leaving space in-between each piece.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, whisk together sauce ingredients.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven.
- Using tongs or a fork, place each floret into the sauce bowl. Toss to coat evenly.
- Using a fork or tongs, lift one floret at a time, shake gently over the bowl to remove excess batter and then place each floret onto the cookie sheet again, leaving space in-between each piece.
- Bake for 25 minutes, carefully flipping halfway through cooking time.
- Let cool before serving.