These Air Fryer Pizza Rolls are simple to make with a quick and easy-to-work-with dough that can be whipped up in no time. Homemade air fried pizza rolls do not get much easier! Naturally vegan. Can be made gluten-free or traditionally.
These air fryer pizza rolls came about when my oldest son saw a commercial for the frozen variety and informed me that he would love to try it. So, of course mama set out to make some pizza rolls my kids would enjoy. Now, this isn't the prettiest dish, but I promise, these pizza rolls taste amazing and they won over my kids, which I take as the highest of compliments! They make a great meal, snack or grab and go meal.
❤️ Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Simple ingredients and easy to make.
- Filling and satisfying.
- Crispy on the outside, packed with flavor inside.
- Great entertaining, game day or kid's food.
- Gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free, sugar-free.
🗒️ Ingredient Notes
This forms the pizza roll itself. If gluten-free, use a gluten-free all purpose flour that contains xanthan gum for best results. If not gluten-free, a regular all purpose flour will work well.
Oil adds a nice pliability to the pizza roll dough. I like the flavor that olive oil adds, but any oil (i.e. avocado, grapeseed, etc.) will work well.
For full ingredients list and instructions, refer to the recipe card toward the bottom of this post.
🔪 How-to Make Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
Step 1: Make the dough.
Step 2: Make filling of choice.
Step 3: Roll dough out. Cut circles with a bowl. Place filling. Fold and roll up.
Step 4: Place prepared pizza rolls into air fryer basket or tray in one single layer.
Step 5: Air fry (in batches if necessary).
Step 6: Enjoy!
🧀 Filling Suggestions
I provide my favorite cheese/sauce combo in the recipe card below in the post, but this recipe works with any filling combo you desire. Start with your favorite pizza toppings! Some of our favorites:
- Pesto with or without cheese.
- Fresh Roma tomato sauce and mozzarella.
- Alfredo sauce and cheese.
- Ranch dressing and spinach.
- Roasted or steamed veggies drizzled with Italian dressing.
- Tapenade and feta cheese.
- Vegan pepperoni and olives.
- Bell peppers and goat cheese.
❓ Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Vegan and dairy-free cheese works perfectly in these rolls, and the rolls themselves are naturally vegan.
You can find step-by-step process photos above in this post and a video displaying how to roll these. If you still have trouble, you can fold and pinch the dough however you need. The important part is that you cover the filling completely (otherwise it will bubble out). But you can certainly find your own way to fold the dough if need be!
These pizza rolls taste best fresh out of the air fryer. Otherwise, I would suggest preparing them and refrigerating or freezing them until you're ready to air fry. You can cover in airtight containers and refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 6 months, before air frying. They keep in decent shape at room temperature cooked for about 6 hours.
Yes! While I am on a gluten-free diet, my family is not, and I have tested these with both gluten-free flour and regular all-purpose flour with great results.
♨️ More Air Fryer Recipes You Will Love
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
Pizza Roll Dough
- 2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour or regular flour if not gluten-free
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ sea salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus extra for brushing
Filling (optional, see post above for other filling options)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan or mozzarella cheese vegan/dairy-free, if needed
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce or pizza sauce
Pizza Roll Dough
- In a mixing bowl combine all pizza dough ingredients. Mix until a dough forms. Using your hands, knead until you can form a ball of dough. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine filling ingredients. Mix well. Set aside.
Make Pizza Rolls
- Preheat air fryer oven to 400°F.
- On a cutting board or countertop place a piece of parchment paper and dust with flour. Place ball of dough in the center and roll dough out until about ¼" thick.
- Using a standard bowl, cut out circles of dough.
- Place 1 tablespoon of filling in the bottom center of a circle of dough. Fold the dough up and over the filling. Fold in each side, one at a time, then roll the dough upwards until you have a pizza roll a.k.a. the filling is completely encapsulated in dough. See video or how-to steps in this post for further instruction.
- Repeat with remaining dough, and combine dough scraps and roll out again, repeating the process until you've used as much dough as possible.
- Place the pizza rolls into your air fryer basket or tray. Brush or spray with a little oil. Air fry at 400°F for 20 minutes or until firm and beginning to brown.
- Serve as is or with a favorite dipping sauce—enjoy!