These healthy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips make the perfect easy & crispy snack! You only need three simple ingredients to make these air fried veggie chips in a snap! No soaking is needed!
Making delicious sweet potato chips in the air fryer could not be easier or tastier! Once you try this simple no-soak method for making this nutritious snack at home, you’ll never find yourself store-bought chips again!
❤️ Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Super quick to make.
- Air fryer sweet potato chips are a healthy, nutrient-dense crunchy snack.
- Perfectly crispy!
- Easily customizable.
- This is a super easy air fryer recipe. Perfect for beginners!
- These are much healthier than regular potato chips.
- Gluten-free, vegan, plant-based, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free, and grain-free.
🍠 Ingredient Notes
Sweet potatoes: Choose nice firm sweet potatoes with healthy, uniform-looking skins.
Oil: I prefer avocado oil due to its high smoke point and neutral flavor, but grapeseed oil is also a great choice.
Salt: I love the flavor of good pink salt, but any sea salt, finely or coarsely ground, works well.
Step 1: Scrub sweet potatoes under running water. Slice the skinny ends off of the sweet potatoes. Using a mandolin slicer or a very sharp knife, slice the sweet potatoes (skins on) into very thin slices (rounds).
Step 2: Toss the sweet potato slices with oil and salt in a large bowl.
Step 3: Spread the sweet potato slices in an even, single layer in an air fryer basket or tray.
Step 4: Air fry until golden brown with a crispy texture and enjoy!
For full ingredients list and instructions, refer to the recipe card toward the bottom of this post.
This sweet potato chips recipe is great as is or dipped into a favorite condiment. However, if you would like to mix it up a bit, you can add any spices of your choosing before air frying. Here are some of our favorites!
- Everything bagel seasoning.
- Toasted sesame oil + sesame seeds.
- Chili powder or taco seasoning.
- Smoked paprika and ground cumin.
- Cracked black pepper and nutritional yeast.
- Olive oil + Italian seasoning.
❓ FAQ and Expert Tips
Slice it thinly.
The thinner you slice the sweet potatoes, the crispier this healthy snack will be!
How should I store sweet potato chips?
These homemade sweet potato chips keep crispy uncovered at room temperature for about 48 hours. Any longer and you can keep stored in an airtight container or bags for about 4 days and re-crisp in an air fryer or an over at 400F until warmed throughout and turning crispy again.
A sweeter take.
Why not try these air fryer baked sweet potatoes for a real treat?!
♨️ More Healthy Air Fryer Snack Recipes
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips
- 2 medium sweet potatoes scrubbed and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or any oil of choice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F.
- Rinse and scrub sweet potatoes. Slice the ends off of each sweet potato.
- Using a mandoline slicer or a sharp knife, thinly slice the sweet potatoes into rounds (approx. 1/32").
- Place the sweet potato slices into a mixing bowl. Add oil and salt. Toss to coat.
- Spread the sweet potato slices in one even layer (working in batches if need be) in your air fryer basket or tray.
- Air fry at 360°F for 20 minutes, shaking/flipping halfway through, until the they are crispy and turning golden.
- Let cool and enjoy!