Disclaimer: You will find affiliate links for the products I use and love on this blog. I will earn from any purchases you make from these links, but it is at no extra cost to you. I appreciate your support!
These healthy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips make the perfect easy & crispy snack! You only need three simple ingredients to make these air fried veggie chips in a snap! No soaking needed!
Making delicious sweet potato chips in the air fryer could not be easier or tastier! Once you try this simply no-soak method for making this healthy snack at home, you'll never find yourself buying them at the store again!
- Super quick and easy to make.
- A healthy, nutrient-dense snack.
- Perfectly crispy.
- Easily customizable.
- Gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free, grain-free.
Sweet potatoes: Choose nice firm sweet potatoes with healthy, uniform-looking skins.
Step 1: Scrub sweet potatoes under running water. Slice the ends off of the sweet potatoes. Using a mandoline slicer or a knife, slice the sweet potatoes (skins on) into very thin rounds.
Step 2: Toss with oil and salt.
Step 3: Spread in an even, single layer in air fryer basket or tray.
Step 4: Air fry and enjoy!
For full ingredients list and instructions, refer to the recipe card toward the bottom of this post.
A simple sweet potato chip like we've made here is great as is or dipped into a favorite condiment. However, if you would like to mix it up a bit, you can add any spices of your choosing before air frying. Here are some of our favorites!
- Everything bagel seasoning.
- Toasted sesame oil + sesame seeds.
- Chili powder or taco seasoning.
- Smoked paprika and ground cumin.
- Cracked black pepper and nutritional yeast.
- Olive oil + Italian seasoning.
FAQ and Expert Tips
Slice it thinly.
The thinner you slice the sweet potatoes, the crispier they will be!
How should I store sweet potato chips?
These chips keep crispy uncovered at room temperature for about 48 hours. Any longer and you can keep stored in airtight containers or bags for about 4 days and re-crisp in an air fryer or an over at 400F until warmed throughout and turning crispy again.
A sweeter take.
Why not try these air fryer baked sweet potatoes for a real treat?!
More Healthy Snack Recipes You Might Enjoy
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips
- 2 medium sweet potatoes scrubbed and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or any oil of choice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F.
- Rinse and scrub sweet potatoes. Slice the ends off of each sweet potato.
- Using a mandoline slicer or a sharp knife, thinly slice the sweet potatoes into rounds (approx. 1/32").
- Place the sweet potato slices into a mixing bowl. Add oil and salt. Toss to coat.
- Spread the sweet potato slices in one even layer (working in batches if need be) in your air fryer basket or tray.
- Air fry at 360°F for 20 minutes, shaking/flipping halfway through, until the they are crispy and turning golden.
- Let cool and enjoy!